The 2014 Standards for Certification are now in effect. Questions on applying for the CCC-SLP? Consult the frequently asked questions for more information.
Applicants for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) must submit an application under the 2014 Standards for Certification in Speech-Language Pathology .
Initial Application: 2014 Standards
You may submit an application any time after you have completed the necessary coursework, practicum, and received the required graduate degree from a CAA-accredited academic program or a program admitted to CAA candidacy. When completing your application, please consult the list of institution codes [PDF] to determine the code for your college or university.
Important note: Applications under the 2005 standards are no longer being accepted. If you submit an application under the 2005 standards or one that contains a combination of pages from 2005 and 2014, you will be asked to resubmit your application under the 2014 standards and the processing of your certification application will be delayed.
Questions on meeting the 2014 standards or completing an application? Consult the frequently asked questions for information on course work, clinical practicum, clinical fellowship, disclosure, and more.
Additional Required Documents
To complete your application for certification, you must also submit the following:
- Passing Praxis exam scores (sent directly to ASHA from ETS).
- Official graduate transcript* which verifies the date and degree awarded (may arrive directly from institution) or a letter from the registrar verifying completion of requirements for the degree.
- Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellowship (SLPCF) Report and Rating Form [PDF] to report Clinical Fellowship experience.
- Disclosure documents: If you checked yes to a disclosure question on the application, please review the requirements for certified copies of court or other legal documents .
* Internationally educated applicants must submit an original evaluated transcript .
Dues and Fees
Certification and Membership programs are based upon a calendar year and subject to rates listed below. Applications received between September 1 and December 31 will be processed for the current year but will include membership and certification through the following year. Please submit payment in full with your application according to your selected category below. All dues/fees payments are non-refundable.
- NSSLHA Conversion: $286
The maintenance of your certification and/or membership, in addition to continuing professional development requirements (if applicable), is dependent upon payment of your annual dues and fees.
Once received at the National Office, please allow approximately 6 weeks for the review of your completed application and all additional required documentation. Certification cannot be awarded until we have verified that all requirements of the standards have been met.
Contact the Action Center at 800-498-2071 with any questions about applying for ASHA certification.