Frequently Asked Questions for Kinecta Express and Change for Tomorrow Card
How does a Prepaid Card work?
It's a re-loadable prepaid Visa® debit card, which means you can spend up to the value placed on the card anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted. You can shop in stores, online, over the phone, and by mail order. You can get cash at Visa® ReadyLink, Plus®, Star®, or NYCE® ATMs worldwide. Each time you make a purchase, the amount of that purchase is automatically deducted from the card.
How do I know the balance on my Prepaid card?
You can check your available balance by doing a balance inquiry at an ATM, by calling the number on the back of your card or by checking the balance at this website (the balance will only be available if you have activated your personalized card). If enrolled, you will also receive text/email alerts after each transaction (standard text messaging rates may apply). Since a merchant may not be able to tell how much money is on the card, keeping track of your balance is a sure way to know how much you have to spend.
Where can my Prepaid Card be used?
Your card can be used to make purchases anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted and to obtain cash at any Visa® ReadyLink, Plus®, Star®, or NYCE® ATM worldwide.
Are there transaction or reload limits?
What happens if my Visa® Prepaid Card is lost or stolen?
We provide 24-hour toll-free support. Immediately report any problems or a lost or stolen card by calling 1.800.418.3942. A replacement Card will be issued for the balance remaining on the Card at the time
it is reported lost or stolen (subject to unauthorized use of the Card as set out in the terms and conditions and any applicable fees).
Can I make purchases on the Internet with my card?
Yes, you can make purchases on the Internet with your card up to the value of the card.
Will I get charged a fee for using my card at participating merchants?
You will not be charged a fee for making a purchase at participating merchants other than the standard transaction fees associated with the card as listed in the terms and conditions.
How can I track my spending?
You can track your spending in any of the following ways:
- Call the number on the back of your card toll free anytime (when calling, you will be given your balance once. If you decided that you would like to hear your balance again, additional fees will apply).
- Log onto this website anytime (the balance will only be available if you have activated your personalized card).
- If enrolled, you can receive text/email alerts after each transaction (standard text messaging rates may apply).
Can I view my balance on the website if I have not received or activated my personalized embossed card?
Can I make card to card transfers using funds from my other banking institution?
What does Strong Authentication mean when registering on the web site?
- Require a personal user ID and password setup by the consumer
- Challenge questions to verify that the consumer is who they say they are
- Picture and personal phrase for website authentication
- PC registration