How to Apply for an E1 or E2 Visa
- STEP 1: Complete the DS-160 Online Application. One DS-160 application is required for the principal applicant and for each eligible family member (spouse and/or minor children).
- STEP 2: Complete the DS-156E form. The DS-156E form is only required for the principal applicant.
- STEP 3: Go to the Applicant Service Center (ASC) website (http://mexico.usvisa-info.com) and:
- Create an account (must provide DS-160 Confirmation code).
- Select the E visa category.
- Pay the E Visa Application Fee via credit card or at a Banamex or Scotiabank branch (currently $205 USD per applicant).
- Schedule your ASC appointment.
- NOTE. If you also require an interview at a consulate it will be determined and scheduled during the ASC appointment. E-1 visas can be adjudicated at the Consulates General at either Monterrey or Tijuana, and E-1 applicants can select either of these posts when scheduling their interviews at the ASC. E-2 visas can be adjudicated in the Consulate General at Ciudad Juarez.
- Select a DHL location where you wish to have the visa delivered, if approved.
- STEP 4: Appear at the ASC at your appointed time to submit your biometrics and a copy of the biographic page of your passport.
- Documents must be submitted 15 business days prior to any scheduled consulate interview and in a specified format : Treaty Trader (E-1) or Investor (E-2) .
- If your E-1 appointment is at the ASCs in Tijuana or Monterrey, you should drop off the documents supporting your E visa application at the time
of your ASC appointment. E-1 applicants at other ASCs should mail their supporting documents directly to the Consulates General at either Tijuana or Monterrey, depending on which post they have selected for their E-1 adjudication. See the address list.
- If your E-2 appointment is at the ASC in Ciudad Juarez, you should drop off the documents supporting your E visa application at the time of your ASC appointment. Applicants at other ASCs should mail their supporting documents directly to the Consulate General at Ciudad Juarez. See the address list .
- STEP 5: Appear at the consulate at the designated appointment time to interview with a Consular Officer (IF REQUIRED*). Consulate appointments at the Consulates General, if required, can be scheduled by the ASC no earlier than 15 business days after providing the E visa supporting documentation at the ASC.
*NOTE. For those renewing an E visa. if you meet all requirements for interview waiver, the Consulate General will not require that you come to the visa section for an interview, unless the consular officer has questions after reviewing your supporting documents.
- STEP 6: If approved, you may either pick up your passport, visa and supporting documentation at the Consulate General within two business days following your interview, or you may opt to have them sent back to the DHL Office you had previously selected.
- Log back into your Appointment account to obtain the DHL Airway Bill Number. If the Airway Bill is not yet posted, check back in a couple of days.