Share this article
Cleaning a Bunn commercial coffee maker is a very simple process, and depending on how hard your water is, this should be done at least every three months. If you live in a hard water area then it may need to be done more often.
Compare commercial coffee makers at Expert Market.
All you need is one quart white vinegar. This should be poured into a measuring pitcher. Slide the brew funnel into the machine and place the empty glass carafe onto the base plate. Open the lid of the coffee maker and pour the vinegar into the reservoir. Close the lid.
The vinegar will now penetrate the hot water tank and clean out any mineral deposits that have built up inside the brewer. The vinegar will force the water that is already in the brewer out into the carafe. Leave it to work for two hours whilst the machine is still plugged in.
After two hours, unplug the brewer and remove the brew funnel. Reach underneath the top part of the machine and twist the spray head off in a clockwise direction.
Pour a full carafe of cold water into the top of the machine and close the lid. The water will then start to flush the vinegar out from within the hot water tank. Put the carafe underneath to catch the water/vinegar solution. Do this at least ten times until the vinegar smell subsides.
step is to remove the brew funnel and reinstall the spray head by twisting it into place in a counter clockwise direction. Replace the brew funnel, plug the machine back in so that the water which is in the hot water tank can heat up again. Add fresh water and put your carafe back on the warmer plate.
The brew funnel and the carafe need to be cleaned after each use and are top-rack dishwasher safe.
How to Clean a Bunn Commercial Grinder
Bunn commercial grinders vary according to model and size, so each model will have its own specific cleaning instructions.
The following principles apply to all of Bunn's grinders:
- Grinders must be unplugged before attempting to clean any part of the appliance.
- The use of water jets or immersion in water will destroy the machine and thus void any warranty.
- Always clean surfaces with a damp cloth and mild non-abrasive detergent.
Grinder Cleaning Instructions
- Having unplugged the coffee grinder, empty the hoppers and place an empty funnel and filter into the funnel rails.
- Reconnect power and press grind until the coffee chamber is empty.
- Again, disconnect and remove the cover and the burr housing. The inside of the machine should only be cleaned with a dry stiff brush.
- Reassemble the coffee grinder and always refer to the operations manual for the particular model.