We can not be held responsible for any temperature-damage to plants during transportation (heat or cold).
Please notify us if weather is not permitting in your delivery area so that we can hold your order!!
- Make sure to include heat-pack to provide safe transportation during cold season. We can't guarantee plants to arrive alive without heat pack to cold areas
- Notify us to hold your order if it's over 90F in your area - otherwise plants may get cooked in a package.
- Once your plant has arrived, it should be unpacked and potted immediately. You should let the plant adjust after shipping stress for a minimum of 24 hours (and up to several days). Place your plant(s) in a warm location with bright shade (no direct sunlight), in a small pot with well-draining moist (not soggy) soil. See more instructions .
- Upon arrival, keep the packing list with your discount voucher to save on your next purchase. To receive our New Arrivals updates, you may subscribe to our Newsletter .
- Year-round. Weather permitting, we ship year-round.
- USA - Nationwide. We ship to all US states. Most of our plants are certified for shipping to all continental states. However, a few plants that are NOT certified for LA, CA, TX, AZ are marked so in the price-list. Certification is done once a year (August) and we can not add other species to that list until next year.
- APO addresses. We can't ship live plants to military APO addresses. Mainly because we don't know where it is located, and locations outside of the USA require compliance with live plant export-import regulations, which is complicated procedure. Also, we don't know how long it will take to deliver the plant and if the package will be opened, so we can't guarantee anything. Orders with live plants to APO addresses will be canceled unless you specify more information.
- International. We ship outside of the USA. Please see more information: International shipping .
Shipping days and methods
- Shipping Days. Monday through Wednesday to ensure deliveries are received before weekends. Florida destinations with one day transit may be shipped on Thursdays. Orders placed by the end of the day on Friday are shipped out the following week. For example, if you place your order on Friday, January 2nd, then it will be shipped on Monday-Wednesday, January 5-7. However, if order is placed on Saturday, January 3rd, then it will be shipped during the following week of January 12.
- Shipping Methods - We attempt to provide the most economical rate depending on your location via FedEx Ground, FedEx 3 day Express, or USPS Priority Mail .
- Expedited Shipping - Occasionally, orders will need to be shipped via expedited service depending on plant sensitivity or customer request. Please notify us of any rush prior to shipment.
Make sure you provide us with a valid email address. On the day of shipping, you will receive an automatic email with your tracking information. If your order is shipped via USPS, the email will contain a delivery confirmation only, and not tracking information; it will simply confirm that the package was physically delivered to the Post Office and accepted by USPS for shipping. Delivery times are generally between 2-4 business days. Please make sure that your delivered package will not be sitting on your porch all day. We can't guarantee the survival of your plants without proper temperature control.
Possible delays. We notify our customers about any delays in our shipping schedule. If you were notified that your order was shipped, but have not received the package within 4 days, please check with the shipping company, as delivery may have been attempted in your absence. You may check your order status online at any time.
Shipments may be delayed by us for the following reasons:
- Weather is not permitting
- Item is temporarily out of stock
- Some fruit trees take additional time to deliver from other locations
PayPal payments. Per PayPal requirements, all orders over $750 (paid using PayPal) will be shipped with a signature confirmation required. Which means, if nobody is available to sign for the delivery, the carrier will not leave your box at your door, and you will need to pick it up at the USPS, UPS, or FedEx office. We advise that you prearrange instructions with your local carrier to hold the package at the office to avoid plants spending excess time within the delivery truck. This rule is applicable only to orders that are paid through PayPal. If you pay with credit card on our server, then your order will be shipped without signature confirmation, unless specifically requested.
Shipping & Handling process
We try to provide you with large and mature plants. Some of our plants are much bigger than those that you might get from other mail-order companies. To save you money on shipping, we work to minimize both package weight and dimensions. (See Our Products page, and Size of Plants for more information).
To shed unnecessary weight, we remove plants from pots, toss off excess soil, and maintain moisture with a food-grade plastic film wrapped firmly around the root ball (see picture to the right). We do not bare-root plants for domestic shipping. To save on dimensions, it is sometimes necessary to trim branches, but only when without consequence to the plants health.
We strive to safely package every plant to the fullest extent possible. Some plants require bamboo supports, while others will need paper sleeves, but all plants will be heavily supported with packing peanuts. Read more about plants shipping and possible problems.
The shipping costs generated on our website are automatically calculated for the US only. Please contact us for a quote or information on international orders and shipping.
Because the packaging and HANDLING of your plants is very labor-intensive and time consuming, your shipping costs include a small handling fee. The packing and handling of your order includes collecting plants from the field, inspection, labeling, sorting, stripping pots and some soil, bagging, wrapping, packaging and boxing. We also provide the utmost care in choosing our packing supplies to ensure your plants have a safe journey, and use only the best quality of supplies. We often lose on shipping costs.
Shipping costs will vary depending on the size and weight of each individual plant.
To calculate a shipping cost:
a) Select item in the shopping cart
b) Select a destination state
c) Press "Add shipping" button
You cannot calculate international shipping costs through our website - please contact us for that information.
Your order status
You may check if your order has been shipped at Order Status Page
What to expect?
Our company provides gardeners with rooted, well-established plants of mostly rare and hard-to-find species. We provide you with the biggest and healthiest specimens that are currently available in our stock (see more info about plant size ). We grow our plants in natural outdoor conditions, under Florida sun and rain. We fertilize our plants to maintain and promote healthy growth and well-developed roots, but it is not our goal to keep them flowering at all times. We are not a florist shop that offers nicely shaped arrangement in fancy wrapping with bows and ribbon. We provide specimen plants for the purpose of longevity and allowing you the opportunity to experience the personal joy of planting, growing and a lasting future of enjoyment.
Most of our plants are shipped without pots (see above ), and you must be prepared prior to delivery:
- You will need special soil (see recommendations ).
If you feel inexperienced or nervous about growing these plants, please visit our Forum and FAQ page for more information. Read our Catalog articles with specific plant cultivation advice before ordering.
Terms of service. Guarantees and liabilities
Please read these rules before ordering! By ordering from us you enter into legal contract you have your resposibilities as well as we do. We value our customers and would like customers to value our service. Therefore, we have some rules
- Healthy plants. We guarantee that we ship healthy plants
- E-mail only, within 3 days period. All claims must be submitted in writing only. and only within 3 days after delivery. Please email us if you have any problems; if you call us regarding any claims, you will be asked to email us anyway. We do not accept any claims after 3 days of order arrival.
- Shipping damage. All shipments travel at the risk and expense of the buyer. Our responsibility
ends upon delivery to the carrier, we assume no responsibility for delay, damage, destruction or breakage after delivery has been made to carrier. We are not responsible for any damage occurred during transportation: either temperature or mechanical. To ensure your plants have a safe trip:
- Please make sure delivered package is not sitting on your porch all day. We can't guarantee the plants to be alive if they a shipped without temperature control (heat pack) in winter or if they are overheated in summer. We do our best to notify you about shipping/arrival day beforehand, please take care of your plants.
- Please monitor weather in your area. If it's too hot or too cold, notify us, we can hold your order.
- Shipping cost is not refundable. In case of replacement we charge shipping cost. In certain cases we can ship replacement with your next order.
- Contact ASAP. If you received a plant that got weak or broken - EMAIL us immediately, it may be saved, and we can help you! Do not wait untill it's too late. We won't accept any claims later. If you are not sure how to take care of plant or it seems weak to you then let us know right away, so you can preserve your rights later.
- Pot size - important! DO NOT plant arrived plant in a pot larger than the root ball! Only after establishing, when the plant starts a new growth, you may move it in a bigger size pot.
- Proper care. If you recieved a healthy plant, but managed to kill it under improper care - we are sorry, it can't be replaced. Keep arrived plant in warm (not hot) conditions, in a pot in shade until it gets adjusted and recovered from stress. Don't plant out of package into a full sun!
- Correct mailing address. We're not responsible for errors in mailing address or delivery instructions. We use computerized system to print labels and ship to exactly the address you provided at the time of your order. Please double check the address you entered to ensure that it's correct. You may refer to a confirmation email for double-checking. We are able to correct misspeled city name or zip code and we will notify you if your address is invalid, but we have no means to verify if entered "1234" is really your house number or it should be "10234". We don't accept any claims result from such errors.
- PO Box addresses are not acceptable for UPS - they will not deliver to PO boxes. We may contact you for physical street address. We may also contact you if your address is marked as "non-deliverable" in the USPS database.
- Shipping confirmation. You will be notified via email when order is shipped. We email you delivery confirmation number for USPS (Postal Service) or tracking number for UPS. This email is important. If you don't receive package within few days, then check the shipper website (link is provided in confirmation email). Sometimes for whatever reason packages are just sitting at the Post Office and a customer did not notice that tiny orange package claim post card.
- Special delivery instructions. We always try to accomodate them and print on the shipping label. Simple instructions like "leave at door" are acceptable, but complicated like "leave behind 3rd tall palm to the left of the 2nd garage door" are not. Most likely carriers will not follow such instructions (they won't even read it) to your satisfaction. So, we can't be responsible for it.
- Secure delivery. If you believe there is any risk that USPS Priority Mail deliveries in your area may be misplaced or stolen, then we strongly recommend shipping to your work address, to your friend's address, or any other person who can accept the package for you. You may request USPS Signature Confirmation service at extra charge. This will require someone at your address to sign for the package or for the package to be picked up at the local Post Office. If the USPS Delivery Confirmation records indicate that your package has been delivered, we will not accept a lost product refund claim or replace your package.
- Lost package. If you believe your package was lost in transit, we reserve the right to initiate the inquiry to determine if the package was actually lost. We follow proper shipper procedures to determine if the package was signed by another person, stolen, or lost. If you have not received your package and the shipping company confirms lost package was not delivered, then we will re-ship the order again. We will not reship or refund orders for which the shipping company can confirm delivery at the destination.
- Order changes or cancellation. If you decide to change something in your order, add more items or cancel your order for whatever reasons, you have to do so in writing (email or fax). We do not accept any changes over the phone. If your order has been already packed then no changes can be made. If you decided to cancel the order, cancellation/restocking fees may apply (up to 6%).
- Refuse of sale. We reserve the right to refuse making a sale to anyone. Sometimes, we may ask a certain customer to buy plants someplace else.
All plants being in a few days transit without light and water, exposed to temperature extremes and handling, will experience stress. Some more, others less. Please be advised that we can not guarantee the plant to stay in a good condition after shipping since it is beyond our control. By ordering a live plant mail-order you take a risk of receiving a wilted plant, which in most cases, under proper care, will recover soon and bring you joy of accomplishment.
- We guarantee the plant is healthy and true to name to the best of our knowledge when it leaves our nursery, and shipped in proper packaging to keep stress on the plant to a minimum. We are not responsible for the plant after it leaves our direct care. No other guarantee or warranty applies to these plants.