What does an Infrastructure Project or Program Manager do?
I have had many people contact me looking for an "Infrastructure PM" who "has experience with" Oracle, data centers, disaster recovery and such. I am wondering what the PMs on such projects usually do. Are they involved in the actual work, programing and designing the
They can work on, and work to resolve
- Manual maintenance of inventory and asset tracking information of both standard and custom home-grown business-critical applications.
- Cumbersome process in collecting accurate software licensing usage and tracking for compliance audit request on-demand.
- Applications not performing as expected due to discrepancies in configuration that are not easily detectable.
- Manual or proprietary methods to get different views of the infrastructure to be able to make business decisions.
- Difficulty in maintaining a single enterprise-wide view of the IT infrastructure across multiple sites to be able to enforce standard best practices and maintain consistent policies, procedures processes.
Help the community by fixing grammatical or spelling errors, summarizing or clarifying the solution, and adding supporting information or resources. Always respect the original author.
Edits are subject to review by community moderators.