Despite the many unhappy clients based on previous reviews, I have to say that my experience was superb and very pleasant. I booked the car through DiscountHawaiiCarRental.… and I got an amazing weekly deal for a compact card + car seat. So, here are my tips for you rather than a boring review:
1: Book your car for pick up in the Waikiki area; you may want to try DiscountHawaiiCarRental.… and stay tuned for your confirmation email that will arrive in minutes.
2. Schedule your pick up very early in the morning or the very latest so if there is a waiting line you don't have to wait long. But if you can't don't worry as they have 4 windows and they more pretty fast.
3. If you choose
the early morning pickup, you can walk 2 blocks to The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and get yourself an delicious breakfast. don't forget to try the strawberry lemonade which is super tasty.
4. Don't bother renting a GPS. use your phone.
5. If renting a car seat ensure it is a comfortable and clean. I changed mine and they provided a brand new one right away.
6. Make sure to avoid paying extra for gas. Select to bring the car with the same gas you get and right across the street you have a gas station.
7. Check with your credit card as many offer full collision and damage coverage for free, so your rental fee will be very low.
Enjoy Oahu. Need more tips. send me a message.