Get an INSTANT estimate of the cost to Install Replacement Windows! Our free calculator uses recent, trusted data to estimate costs for your Replacement Window Installation project. For a basic 1 window project in zip code 47474, the benchmark cost to Install Replacement Windows ranges between $340.04 - $593.63 per window.
To estimate costs for your project:
Hiring Best Practices
Cost to Install Replacement Windows - Notes and General Information
Homewyse cost estimates are "ballpark" ranges for basic work performed in normal, serviceable conditions. The estimates should only be used for preliminary planning. Homewyse estimates are NOT substitutes for firm quotes from qualified vendors. Homewyse strongly recommends that you contact reputable professionals for an accurate assessment of work required and costs for your project - before making any decisions or commitments.
The cost estimate includes:
- Costs for local material / equipment delivery to and service provider transportation to and from the job site. Costs to prepare the worksite for Replacement Window Installation, including costs to protect existing structure(s), finishes, materials and components. Costs for job cleanup and debris removal at project completion. Labor setup time, mobilization time and minimum hourly charges that are commonly included for small Replacement Window Installation jobs.
The cost estimate does NOT include:
- Costs for removing, relocating, repairing, or modifying existing framing, surfacing, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems - or bringing those systems into compliance with current building codes. Costs for testing and remediation of hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, etc). General contractor overhead and markup for organizing and supervising the Replacement
Window Installation. Add 15% to 23% to the total cost above if a general contractor will supervise this project. Sales tax on materials and supplies. Permit or inspection fees (or portion thereof) required by your local building department for your overall project.
Cost to Install Replacement Windows - References
- The HUD PATH Rehab Guide Volume 4: Windows and Doors U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Office of Policy Development and Research, Mar 2011, Editorial Staff How to Estimate the Cost of Doors, Windows and Hardware American Society of Professional Estimators, Oct 2011, Gary Terrell, CPI Windows United States Department of Energy, Dec 2009, Editorial Staff Exterior Doors United States Department of Energy, Dec 2009, Editorial Staff
Replacement Window Installation - Average Cost Per Window
Expect to pay in the high end of the estimated price range for a licensed, bonded and insured contractor and for complex or rush projects. Hire carefully, only after verifying prior work quality.
For the best value on Replacement Window Installation: combine related projects; get bids from several pros; and be flexible about project scheduling.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!
- Send your feedback or questions .
- Share homewyse on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ using the buttons below: