Unemployment Insurance Applications
The Employment Development Department (EDD) offers several methods for filing or reopening Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims.
File or Reopen Online (Recommended)
Use eApply4UI to apply for UI or reopen a UI claim online. File online at your convenience.
Advantages of eApply4UI
- Fastest way to file or reopen your claim.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Helps reduce delays due to common errors made on paper applications.
- Secure and reliable.
- Confirmation number is provided.
For more information or to file for UI online: eApply4UI
File or Reopen by Phone
You can file or reopen a UI claim over the phone with an
EDD customer service representative.
- English: 1-800-300-5616
- Spanish: 1-800-326-8937
- Chinese (Cantonese): 1-800-547-3506
- Chinese (Mandarin): 1-866-303-0706
- Vietnamese: 1-800-547-2058
Call the EDD between 8 a.m. and 12 noon, Pacific time, Monday through Friday. This service is not available on State holidays .
File or Reopen by Mail or Fax
You can file or reopen a UI claim by using our paper application available through eApply4UI. The application can be completed online and printed, or it can be printed and completed by hand. The application can then be faxed or mailed to the EDD for processing.
P.O. Box 12906
Oakland, CA 94604-2906
Ex-Servicemembers and Federal Employment