I do not have a US credit card. How do I sign up for Hulu Plus?
Last Updated: Jan 08, 2014 06:59PM EST
There are a few different ways of signing up for a US service (such as Hulu+, Fandor, etc) outside of USA. We'll walk you through which worked for us in the past but they're not guaranteed to work as providers can change their policies at any time.
Please make sure to set up our service and check the setup before signing up with the service that you want as they more than likely check your geographical location on signup.
You can use your own credit card to pay for Hulu Plus subscription and other US services that require a US credit card.
When setting up your Hulu Plus account (or other service), use your own street address that is associated with the billing address on the credit card you are using and convert the postal code into a valid zip code as per our instructions below. Be sure to take note of the city and state associated with the new zip code as you need this for your account set up.
- Construct a VALID existing 5
digit ZIP code from your postal code as follows:
- Take the digits from your postcode. The post code M1R 2L1 becomes 121.
- Add zeros to the end if you have less than 5 digits in your postal code. So the 121 becomes ZIP 12100
- Use the USPS zip code tool to verify that it is a valid existing ZIP code.
- If it is not an existing code, then add 1 to the last digit and try to verify again. So if our example of 12100 is not a valid zip code, then try 12101. If still not valid add one to the last digit until you get to 12107, which is a valid US ZIP Code.
Search for online merchants selling Prepaid Cards for services;
Search for a prepaid Mastercard/Visa card - there are many available.
If you have an Apple TV :
If you are using an Apple TV you can also subscribe and pay for certain services through a US iTunes account.
If you are having problems topping up a US iTunes account using a US credit card you can always buy US iTunes vouchers in Dollars, from many online retailers.