How to Join
To view our Credit Union information leaflet, please click here . This leaflet is also available re read in Chinese, Latvian, Lithuanian and Polish – to access any of the multi-lingual editions, please click here .
Persons resident or employed in the Parishes of Navan Road, Castleknock and District as presently constituted including personnel and members of the family (residing with them) of the Ordnance Survey Ireland Office, Phoenix Park, Dublin.
Persons resident or employed in that part of County Dublin bounded by a line drawn from the junction of the County Boundary and the Dublin /Sligo Railway line, along the Railway line to a point immediately behind the houses at Kirkpatrick, thence in a straight line to Clonsilla Road, along Clonsilla Road to Coolmine Cross, thence to the River Tolka to include Coolmine Lane, along the river Tolka to the County Boundary and thence along the County Boundary to the Railway line.
To join Community Credit Union you must either:
- Live in the common bond (catchment area) OR
- Work in the common bond.
- Live in the household of AND be a member of the family of a person who is currently a member OR
- Be an employee of OSI (Ordnance Survey Ireland).
If an individual is eligible to join due to the fact that they work in the common bond, then they must provide evidence of their current address as well as a letter signed on headed paper from their employer stating the location where they work.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO JOIN?
Under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act 2010, Community Credit Union is required to establish the identity (name, date of birth, address) of an individual prior to opening an account for them.
Name and Date of Birth
- Current Valid Passport OR Current Valid Driver’s Licence
- Utility bill, bank statement, Credit Union statement, household / motor insurance certificate or renewal letter, correspondence from the Revenue Commissioners or Department of Social Protection, Correspondence from local authority addressed to you to your home and dated within the past 6 months
Under separate legislation we are also required to establish the PPS number of our members also. This can be established by presenting one of the following documents: European Health Insurance Card, Medical Card, Pension Book, Social Services Card, Drug Payment Scheme Card, Pay slip, P60, Correspondence from Revenue Commissioners.
- Married people who do not have evidence of address in their own name, evidence of address in their spouse’s name is acceptable but MUST be accompanied by a Marriage Certificate.
- Children Under 16 – Children under 16 may use a Birth Certificate as evidence of identity. To support this membership application a parent/guardian must also provide evidence of their own name, date of birth and address. This is irrespective of whether the parent/guardian is already a member of the credit union.
- Where an individual cannot produce the above documents, please speak to one of our staff and we can discuss possible alternative documents you may be able to provide so that we can proceed with your membership application.