Commercial Loan Officer
Minimum Education, Training & Work Experience: Minimum of five to seven years related commercial lending experience and bachelor’s degree in finance, or additional job-related experience.
Primary Purpose: Originates, processes and services commercial loans and participates in commercial lending activities of the Bank.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to supervise others, and make sound decisions. Must have good analytical and math skills. Must possess valid drivers license and be able to travel to various sites.
- Working with a high degree of independence and autonomy participates in developing and implementing the commercial lending activity of the Bank in the solicitation, underwriting and administration of commercial loans, ensuring compliance with Bank’s lending policy and established goals and objectives. Cross-sells UniBank’s products and services.
- Negotiates loan proposals with existing and prospective customers with little supervision.
- Actively participates in call program. Initiates and carries out business development program to promote Bank’s commercial lending capabilities and meet established targets for annual loan production.
- Analyses proposed loans for credit worthiness, risk and
prudent structuring through detailed analysis of all required financial information; integrating relevant external factors such as management, market, industry and economic climate into the decision-making process.
- Approves loans and addresses structuring issues within limits of lending authorities established within the Bank’s loan policy.
- Prepares and reviews pre and post-closing commercial loan documentation to ensure timely and accurate receipt of credit and all other required documentation.
- Monitors performance of assigned commercial loan portfolio. Maintains and participates in ongoing program of credit administration including customer visitations, covenant reviews, dictation, and file maintenance to ensure adherence to Bank’s loan policies and procedures supporting a sound credit administration function.
- Keeps abreast of ongoing developments in the fields of finance, banking in general, and commercial lending in particular.
- Represents bank within community by participating in various business, civic, and service organizations.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print and complete an application for employment. Once complete, please mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
49 Church Street
Whitinsville, MA 01588
UFS BANCORP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER