"How to Learn Real Estate and REIT Financial Modeling and Dominate Your Investment Banking Interviews – and Fast-Track Your Way to Top Bonuses and Exit Opportunities After You Land Your Offer and Start Working"
- NEW! Course Certifications. After completing the course material, you’re eligible to take our Certification Quiz. Once you pass the quiz, you’ll be issued a Certificate that you can add to your resume / CV and refer to in interviews. So you won’t just possess these skills, but you’ll be able to prove you possess these skills. Bankers love that.
What You Get. And What BIWS Real Estate and REIT Modeling Will Do For You.
This is advanced training, designed for both new and experienced professionals. The Real Estate and REIT Modeling course is perfect for you if:
- You already know the fundamentals of accounting, valuation, and financial modeling, and now you’re ready to drill down into the details and gain the the know-how that sets you apart as an industry expert –with an in-depth understanding of how the real estate industry works.
- You're interviewing with Real Estate groups – at banks, PE firms, hedge funds, real estate operating companies, real estate developers, REITs, or other real estate-related firms, and you want to impress your prospective employer by being the exact candidate they are looking for.
- You're about to start working in a Real Estate group. or you've just transferred into one and you need to get up to speed quickly. You’d rather learn on your own time, so that you can impress on the job and move up the ladder quickly.
- You're an experienced real estate professional and you're now transitioning into investment banking, private equity, or other related roles.
When you interview for these roles at investment banks, there are certain questions you'll always be asked.
- How much do you know about accounting? Do you know how it's different for real estate? You’ll able to tell them just how much you know and answer an emphatic and sincere: "YES."
- Can you walk me through how you would value a property, a portfolio of properties, or an entire REIT? You’ll know exactly how to demonstrate what they want to see – because you will have already practiced all of those in the course.
- What are the key factors that impact a REIT's valuation and financial performance? You’ll be able to describe them with ease and understanding.
- "How would you describe your financial modeling skills?" Your hands-on experience will shine through – you’ll be able to confidently recount the skills you've learned in the course, because those are the exact skills they’re looking for.
Your confident answers to these questions along with the evidence you’ll present of the case study you completed will set you apart from everyone else in the interview room and put you in prime position to land lucrative internships and jobs at investment banks, private equity firms, and hedge funds.
We've designed the course from the ground up to help you gain functional mastery of this highly-specialized material as quickly as humanly possible.
With BIWS Real Estate and REIT Modeling you'll learn by practicing with a case study of a REIT operating model and valuation for Avalon Bay Communities. and case studies on property development and renovation. We use real SEC filings and equity research from banks like Citi and JP Morgan to support the numbers:
- Detailed 3-statement model for Avalon Bay with support for all their different real estate segments; full valuation, including the usual methodologies as well as real estate-specific ones such as the Net Asset Value (NAV) model.
- Real Estate Development Lessons cover property development and acquisitions. key real estate terminology and metrics, and how to set up the construction timeline and funding sources, and analyze acquisitions and renovations.
- 99 videos total (39 hours of footage).
- 7 quick reference guide PDFs on key topics – from key terms and accounting through property modeling, REIT financial statements, and valuation.
- Overview lessons cover real estate key terms. how to model an apartment complex. how a REIT operates, and how to link properties and REITs .
- Office Development and Sale lessons teach you how to estimate building size. hard costs and soft costs. project the financial statements of a property, build debt and equity draw schedules. calculate the sale proceeds, and allocate investor returns using a waterfall schedule, factoring in developer promotions .
- Hotel Acquisition & Renovation lessons cover how to project a hotel's financial statements. estimate the impact of property renovation, and calculate returns based on the purchase price, selling cap rate, and capital structure.
- REIT Operating Model videos teach you how to project a REIT's rental income and net operating income (NOI) from same-store properties. development/redevelopment. acquisitions, and dispositions ; you'll also learn how to create
a complex debt schedule, link and project the statements, and calculate Funds From Operations (FFO), Adjusted Funds From Operations (AFFO), and dividends issued.
- REIT Valuation lessons cover public comps, precedent transactions, Discounted Cash Flow Analysis (DCF) and Dividend Discount Model (DDM) for REITs, as well as real estate-specific models such as the Net Asset Value (NAV) and Replacement Cost methods.
The information is so detailed and thorough that most of our customers are from top-ranked universities, investment banks, and business schools.
Once you've completed the training, here's what you can immediately add to your resume or CV:
Real Estate & REIT Modeling (Breaking Into Wall Street)
Online Financial Modeling Training Program
- Completed real estate development model for office complex, with waterfall returns modeled for multiple equity investor classes and different developer promote levels
- Built model for hotel renovation and created sensitivity tables to determine optimal level of renovation funding relative to potential upside in IRR
- Created 3-statement projection model over 5 years for Avalon Bay [AVB], leading residential REIT; based model on segment-by-segment buildup for same-store, development/redevelopment, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Valued Avalon Bay [AVB] using public comps and precedent transactions and metrics and multiples such as FFO and AFFO, as well as Net Asset Value (NAV) model; also completed Levered DCF and Dividend Discount Model, and learned concept behind Replacement Value methodology
You can print out your models from this course and demonstrate your working knowledge during interviews, describing exactly what you learned in the training.
Doing this will impress bankers, who will immediately understand that you possess real working knowledge that comes from experience working with real companies and case studies.
Plus, we've just introduced one more powerful way
to set yourself apart from the pack…
Gain Official Recognition of Your Training With BIWS Certifications
After completing the course materials, you’ll be eligible to take our challenging Certification Quiz. Once you earn a score of at least 90%, you’ll be issued a personalized Certificate of Achievement with your name, the course name, and the date you passed the quiz:
Add your Certificate of Achievement to your resume/CV and/or present it in interviews to set yourself apart from other candidates.
We also make sure employers know that this is a serious qualification: Your certificate will contain a link where prospective employers can review what’s on our exams and what you must master to receive certification.
Unlike other training companies that “issue certifications,” our process is completely transparent: you can literally point to the exact questions you had to answer to pass the quiz and become certified.
Once interviewers see you really do have the “chops” to be a banker, your chances of hiring success go way, WAY up.
Download a detailed course description (25-page PDF)
Download a condensed course description (5-page PDF)
Sign Up Now $347 or 3 Monthly Payments of $129
100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee
Access Your Training Instantly
Everything in the BIWS Real Estate and REIT Modeling Course is delivered online – no deliveries to wait on and worry about: you get instant access the moment you sign up. And you’ll get FREE updates as they're created, as well as Lifetime Access to the entire course contents.
Once your order is complete, you'll receive an email with login instructions - follow the simple instructions and you'll be able to access all 99 videos and the Quick Reference Guides immediately.
Hear What Customers Have to Say About Their Results
With The BIWS Real Estate and REIT Modeling Course
At last count, over 22,981+ students, entry-level professionals, and career changers have used Breaking Into Wall Street to master modeling, win interviews, and break into high-paying jobs in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, equity research, and more.
Take a look at what some of them have to say specifically about the Real Estate & REIT Modeling course (these are actual un edited email screenshots. a few details have been blacked out to protect customers' privacy ).
"Thanks for offering such great courses and keep up the great effort!"
"All Models Are Comprehensive And Simple To Understand."
"Structured so that you can refer back to it quickly to recap
anything you forget."
"I took your real estate valuation course and it really set me apart from all the other candidates."
And here's just a small selection of schools and firms where individual students and professionals currently use our courses (Note. In some cases, groups or classes at the organizations below have signed up for official group licenses; in other cases, individuals at these organizations have signed up on their own.):
A partial list of schools and firms where BIWS courses are in use…