Wednesday, August 26, 2015
How to Play
Play America's favorite game! With jackpots starting at $40 million and increasing with each rollover, POWERBALL ® offers players the chance to win BIG for just $2 per play. Match all 5 white balls and the Powerball to win the jackpot! Match just the 5 white balls and win $1 million! And, for an additional $1, players can win two to five times their non-jackpot winnings with Power Play ®. So remember Florida, you have to THINK BIG TO WIN BIG!
To play, pick up a POWERBALL playslip at an authorized Florida Lottery retailer. Each playslip contains five panels (A-E), allowing you to play up to five plays (one play per panel). In each panel:
- Select five numbers from 1 through 59 in the upper play area, or mark the QP (Quick Pick) box and let the terminal randomly pick some or all of your numbers.
- Select your Powerball number from 1 through 35 in the lower play area, or mark the QP (Quick Pick) box for the terminal to randomly select your Powerball number.
- To multiply your non-jackpot prizes up to five times, select the Power Play box. Power Play costs $1 more per play. Please Note: The Power Play box applies to all panels and Quick Picks played on the playslip.
- To play the same numbers for more than one draw, select the number of draws you want to play in the Advance Play section of your playslip or tell the retailer how many advance draws you wish to play. Read more information on Advance Play .
- Mark the JACKPOT COMBO box for a $2 POWERBALL ®. a $2 FLORIDA LOTTO ® with XTRA and a $1 MEGA MILLIONS ® Quick Pick ticket for the next available draw date.
- Review your selections carefully. POWERBALL tickets cannot be
- Give your completed playslip and payment to the retailer ($2 per play for POWERBALL, or $3 per play for POWERBALL with Power Play). You will receive a ticket printed with your numbers, draw date(s), and indicating whether your ticket is a Power Play.
- Check the official drawing results to see if you're a winner! Draw results are available on this web site, at authorized Florida Lottery retailers and at (850) 921-PLAY (7529). You may also watch the drawings online.
Drawings are held Wednesday and Saturday nights at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Tickets may be purchased until 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time, on the night of the drawing. Tickets purchased after that time will be for the next drawing.
If you claim a prize on a winning Advance Play ticket before all of the draws on the ticket have occurred, you will be issued a continuation ticket for the remaining draws with the same play numbers as the original ticket.
Please remember: All prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the applicable drawing date. All prizes must be claimed in the state where the winning ticket was sold.
Power Play is a special feature that allows players to multiply their non-jackpot prizes up to five times, for just $1 more per play! A player must choose the Power Play option on his/her POWERBALL playslip or tell the retailer that he/she wishes to purchase a Power Play ticket. The multiplier number will be selected just before the draw.
Add Power Play ® to your POWERBALL ® ticket to multiply your winnings by 2, 3, 4, or 5 times. Power Play match 5 winners win $2 million. All other non-jackpot prizes are increased by the mulitplier number selected just before the draw. Power Play costs $1 more per play.