Create combo box from text cells in Microsoft Office Excel 2013
As you may know combo box use to create drop down list. Sometimes you need to create a combo box in order to let users select a desire selection from define list. You may also don’t want user to input text in your data sheet and choose their selection from drop down list by their mouse. By using combo box you can also set data validation for your cells.
Tips. To insert combo box to your Microsoft Office Excel cells you need to add Developer Tab to Microsoft Office Excel 2013.
Go through following steps
• Go to Customize Ribbon Section
• In Customize the Ribbon column, in Main Tabs ,Checked Developer Tab
• Choosing Ok will add Developer Tab to your Excel Ribbon
In Order to create a combo box from text cells
• Go to Developer Tab
• Choose Combo box from Insert drop-down list in controls group
• Now by changing the shape of your cursor you need to choose the place that you want to insert Combo box
Tips. It’s better to add text which you want
to add to your combo box ,be remember choose to add text in somewhere within your Excel sheet where you can easily hide your column or in other sheet .This will help you to have a sheet more organized
• Right click on combo box and Choose Format Control from drop-down list
• In Format Control window insert cells which contain the text that you want to add to combo box by click on dropdown button next to input range
Tips. If you need to have more than 8 line in your drop-down list you can change this default in “Drop drown Lines“ text box
• Clicking on ok will add combo box with text added
Let’s have an example
We have production sale forecast report, as you need the sales department add specific product in the report you need to add combo box which contains the specific products.
In order to add product sale combo box
• List product sale in somewhere within your sheets as text in a different cells
• Go to Developer Tab (add developer Tab before starting)
• Choose to insert combo box from insert drop-down list