This is topic all expats start looking up as soon as they get engaged – How to bring their future wife to Saudi Arabia immediately after marriage. And also those new expats who just arrived in Saudi Arabia without their wife and kids, this topic holds more importance.
To begin with, you need make sure you “qualify” to apply for a permanent family visa with iqama (residence permit/id).
The first and the foremost thing is your profession – It should be either doctor, engineer or any other technical (fanni ) profession. By profession, we mean the profession on visa and on the iqama. You may be engineer but if it is written on the visa or iqama that your profession (maheena) is labor, then you cannot get the visa until you get the profession changed on the iqama. (here is how you can do it). If your written profession is considered professional, then the following documents
need to be prepared for submission to the istaqdam office. (Location of office in Ryd, Jed, Dam on Google maps or just written) :
1. Iqama original and copy.
2. Sponsor’s passport copy.
3. Candidate’s passport copy.
4. Passport size photo candidate (2 nos.).
5. Marriage certificate original + copy.
6. Translation of marriage certificate into Arabic if it is not already in Arabic by authorized translation centers in KSA.
7. Attested Degree certificate original + copy
8. Translation of degree certificate into Arabic if it is not already in Arabic by authorized translation centers in KSA.
9. SR 2,000 bank deposit (through ATM or online banking)
Go with all these documents to iteqdam office. There will be two counters – one for visit visa and other for permanent visa/family visa. The visa will be issued immediately upon presentation of above documents at the family visa counter.