Performance seems to have two meanings:
1) The speed at which a computer operates, either theoretically (for example, using a formula for calculating Mtops - millions of theoretical instructions per second) or by counting operations or instructions performed (for example, ( MIPS ) - millions of instructions per second) during a benchmark test. The benchmark test usually involves some combination of work that attempts to imitate the kinds of work the computer does during actual use. Sometimes performance is expressed for each of several different benchmarks.
- Telepresence is a sophisticated form of robotic remote control in which a human operator has a sense of being in a remote location so that the
experience resembles virtual reality (VR). (WhatIs.com )
- A gravity wave (or gravitational wave) is a ripple in the curvature of the space-time continuum (the enmeshed combination of our three perceived physical dimensions, plus time) created by the movem. (WhatIs.com )
- In dictionaries, deprecated is a term used to indicate a pronunciation or usage that is acknowledged but discouraged. (WhatIs.com )
- Terms related to computer fundamentals, including computer hardware definitions and words and phrases about software, operating systems, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce.