Question or Concern
The Bid-O-Matic Explained
QuiBids.com is one of the most entertaining ways to shop online. Every day thousands of people win brand-new products at a fraction of retail price while bidding on QuiBids. One obstacle that tends to wedge itself between QuiBidders and that next big win is something we like to call “Life.” Whether you have work, school, or any other aspect of your life that takes you away from the bidding action, we at QuiBids understand that you don’t have the time or resources to sit at your computer all day clicking the bid button. This is why we’ve created the feature on QuiBids called Bid-O-Matic .
The Bid-O-Matic is a tool on QuiBids that automatically places bids for you. This feature lets you bid without even being logged in to the site! Here are the Bid-O-Matic’s protocol :
- Bid-O-Matic will bid whenever the timer drops below 20 seconds, though it’s up to the Bid-O-Matic exactly when it will place the bids.
- Bid-O-Matic can be set up with a minimum of 3 bids, and a maximum of 25 bids at a time.
- The Bid-O-Matic feature will begin placing bids for you as soon as you click the ‘Activate’ button
- The Bid-O-Matic can be deactivated at any point during the auction. Please keep in mind, however, that the number of deactivations will be limited to minimize server load.
- If an auction ends, all unused Bid-O-Matics will remain in your account.
- You can only set one Bid-O-Matic per auction.
- You may set your next Bid-O-Matic when all of the bids you placed on your previous Bid-O-Matic are exhausted.
- Unused Bid-O-Matic bids may be removed from the Bid-O-Matic and placed back into your account at any point during the auction.
- Bid-O-Matics cannot be activated on auctions with less than 2 seconds remaining on the auction clock.
How to use the Bid-O-Matic
In the Bid-O-Matic area on the right side of every auction page, simply enter the Bid From price. This is the auction price that you would
like the Bid-O-Matic to start placing bids. If you don’t want to start placing bids until the auction reaches $33.13, then you would enter $33.13 in the Bid From text box as shown in the image above. Next, enter the number of bids you would like placed on this auction. Remember that you are allowed a maximum of 25 and a minimum of 3 bids when setting up the Bid-O-Matic. Finally, click ‘Activate’ and let the Bid-O-Matic do the rest. You can sit back and watch the Bid-O-Matic at work, or you can log off and do something else. Regardless, the Bid-O-Matic works whether you are logged in or not.
When should I use the Bid-O-Matic?
The Bid-O-Matic can come in handy in a variety of situations. Here are some instances when you might want to use the Bid-O-Matic on QuiBids.
- You’re tired and need sleep.
- You have work.
- You need to go to school.
- You have a date.
- Hunger sets in and you need food.
- You are in a different time zone than other QuiBidders.
- Your internet connection is poor.
- You have a wedding to attend.
- Someone you know is graduating.
- You’re sick.
- Your QuiBids Strategy involves setting the Bid-O-Matic to bid for you late at night while others are asleep.
- You’ve watched many similar auctions and noted how they typically end. Then you set your Bid-O-Matic to place bids around that same time.
- You have jury duty.
- You have to give your children a ride to school.
- You have to pick your children up from school.
- You’re watching TV.
- You’re watching a movie.
- You’re doing housework.
- You’re doing yard work.
As you can see, there are many reasons to use the Bid-O-Matic on QuiBids.
Are you new to QuiBids and would like to learn how to start bidding ? Don’t bid blindly! We strongly encourage reading through QuiBids 101 and the FAQs before placing your first bid. Here are some other resources that you may find helpful: