By Betsy Malloy. California Travel Expert
Betsy Malloy has had her lens - and her pen - focused on California since the late 1990s, when she became About.com's California travel expert. Since then, she has visited nearly every corner of the Golden State and created thousands of pages to help others enjoy the Golden State as much as she does.
She is a freelance travel writer, professional photographer and former San Francisco City Guides tour leader. Before moving to the San Francisco Bay area, Betsy lived in Los Angeles. She has traveled extensively California, the western United States and around the world.
When she isn't writing about California travel here, Betsy is still out and about in California. These are some of her other projects:
- Betsy Malloy Photography : A collection of images from California - and around the world
Like all the Guides at About.com, I'm a real person. Here's how to make contact:
- Advice for Your Trip. I'm very sorry, but I can't spend hours and days helping every reader plan their trip. However, I do make every effort to answer quick questions sent by email.
- Press Releases and Public Relations Items: Press release or other public relations item FOR CALIFORNIA ONLY should go to email@example.com.
- Everything Else: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern California visitors will find discount tickets for Universal Studios and Sea World everywhere they look, from tourist magazines to the paper lining their dinner trays at the local fast food joint, but getting Disneyland discount tickets isn't quite as easy.
Online ads may make claims like "Up to 55% Off Disney Tickets or "Big Sale On Now!" You need to know that no amount of hype or hoping will get you a ticket to Disneyland at more than a few percent savings.
What those ads will lead you to is cheesy, so-called comparison sites that are little more than a list of links and none of them will deliver anything close to the promised discounts.
The good news is that you can still get some Disneyland discount tickets, and you'll do best if you plan in advance.
Disneyland Discount Tickets - Options
- Southern California CityPass : If you're planning on visiting some of Southern California's other attractions during your trip, this one is your best bet. You can get 3-Day Disneyland Tickets and tickets for one day each at Universal Studios and SeaWorld. The total discount is approximately 30%, and you can buy the passes online in advance. or at the gate of any of the participating attractions. Find out more about whether it's the right choice for you in the Southern California CityPASS guide.
- Disneyland Specials: From time to time, Disney offers special discounts. The most common is adding a couple of extra days to a multi-day ticket for free. See what's available and buy it online .