Buying a 4-room or bigger flat
September 2015 Sales launch and later
- Your average gross monthly household income must not exceed $12,000 If you are buying a flat with your extended family, your average gross monthly household income must not exceed $18,000
- Your average gross monthly household income must not exceed $10,000 If you are buying a flat with your extended family, your average gross monthly household income must not exceed $15,000
Undischarged bankrupts need to seek the Official Assignee (OA)'s consent if they are applying for an HDB flat which is bigger than a 3Gen or a 5-room flat. However, they do not need to seek the OA's approval to be listed as an occupier of an HDB flat regardless of flat type.
Ownership/Interest in Property in Singapore or Overseas other than HDB flatsYou, your spouse, any occupiers
listed in the Application Form or their spouses must not own or dispose or have an estate or interest in any other flat, house, building or land*
- Within 30 months before the date of application, and
- Between the application date and the date of taking possession of the flat
- HUDC flats (Privatised and Non-Privatised)
- Properties acquired by gift
- Properties inherited as beneficiaries under a will or as a result of the Intestate Succession Act
- Private properties
- Properties owned/acquired/disposed through nominees regardless of properties location
HDB may consider granting exemption to exceptional cases based on the merits of each case. If you wish to seek exemption to buy a flat direct from HDB, please complete the property questionnaire and submit it to HDB.