Changes to your Medicare card details must be done in person at your local service centre.
Supporting documentation is needed to change details, such as your name or date of birth.
Appropriate supporting documents are:
- current driver's licence
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate issued by Births, Death & Marriages (non-commemorative)
- legal document
- bills such as telephone or electricity accounts
Appropriate supporting documents to change your sex or gender are:
- a statement from a registered medical practitioner or psychologist
- a valid Australian Government travel document, such as a passport that specifies your sex or preferred gender
- an amended state or territory birth certificate that specifies your sex or preferred gender
- a state or territory Gender Recognition Certificate or Recognised Details Certificate showing a state or territory Registrar of Birth Deaths and Marriages has accepted a change in sex
Our Customer Service Officers will treat sensitive issues in confidence. You can discuss changes to your enrolment by calling 132 011 .
Once your details have been changed, we will cancel your old card and keep it. You will be given a temporary card to use until you receive your new card in the mail.
In extreme cases, if you live in a remote area or cannot visit a Medicare Service Centre, you can send a signed request with certified copies of the above documents and your current Medicare card to:
Department of Human Services
GPO Box 9822
in your capital city.
Until your new card arrives in the mail, it is important you record your old card number for Medicare claiming purposes.