Wage Statistics for Automotive Service Technicians (2014 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
General Automotive Technician Requirements
Within Texas, technicians that match the following requirements are significantly almost certainly going to get themselves a role in an automobile repair shop compared to applicants who don’t fulfill these minimal requirements:
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification (Master Mechanic certification preferred)
- Texas work experience in one of the following areas:
- Parts Specialist – 2 years
- Service Consultant – 2 years
- On-the-job training from local automotive dealers
- 2 years prior experience in the automotive repair industry
- Formal education training such as:
- Vocational training
- Tech school training and classes
- Lubrication technician experience
Attention to Detail: Automobile complications will often times
result from overlooked problems or issues which could possibly be caught by a exceptionally detail-oriented auto technician. The nature of an automobile service professional is to examine each and every possible trouble with great depth when reaching a prognosis or repair service.
Good Customer Service Background: Vehicle service techs work together with customers everyday, and the greatest auto mechanics establish special personalised connections with their clientele that keep them coming back for long term future Assistance. Many professionals overlook this part of the Texas car service marketplace.
Ability to Diagnose: An important proficiency of automobile specialists certainly is the competency to diagnose electrical, physical, and wear-related complications with automobiles and other complex systems. The ability to recognise and correct complications typically goes along with on-the-job training and experience in a repair and maintenance shop.
Ranges of Salaries in Texas by City: