Obtaining copies of Past Examinations Results/Replacement Certificates
A Certified Statement of Results is an official copy of the final examination results held by CCEA. This certified document is accepted by educational institutions and employers. It lists your subjects and grades, as shown on your original certificate .
Before applying, check with your centre to establish if CCEA (Northern Ireland) was the awarding body used for your examinations.
If you took your examinations within the last year, contact the Examinations Officer at your centreto check if they have your original certificates. CCEA dispatches certificates to centres approximately three months after exam results are published and centres are required to keep them for a minimum of 12 months.
We will issue a Certified Statement of Results if you have lost or did not collect your certificate from your centre and they no longer have the original.
You may use this application form to obtain a Certified Statement of Results for CCEA’s General Qualifications, including GCE A-Levels, GCSE, CSE, GCE O-Levels and Vocational Qualifications including Keyskills, Occupational Studies, OLA, QCF and Entry Level. This service is available for certificates obtained in 1963 to present.
We can only issue an original replacement certificate if the originals were damaged or defaced. Please return your original certificate(s) with a completed application. This service is only available for certificates issued from 2001 onwards.
CCEA does not hold results for the following qualifications: RSA; Pitman; City & Guilds; GNVQ and NVQ .
Please read the following points before clicking on the link at the end of these notes to complete and return by post the Replacement Certificate/Certified Statement of Results (RR1) Application Form.
- Complete all fields of the interactive application form (RR1 ) before clicking Print Form located on the checklist;
- The information you provide must be as accurate as possible;
- Ensure the return address or selected third party return address is complete and correct;
- Please allow up to 10 days for your application to be processed. We are unable to prioritise applications;
- Please note that CCEA cannot fax or email a Final Certifying Statement of Results;
- CCEA will issue all results held for you in a requested series – it is not possible to omit any subjects from the statement;
- Original certificates and Certifying Statements of Results are issued in the name of the candidate at the time the award was made. Please refer to the following link for notes and exceptions to this: Change of name on Certificates.
Change of name on Certificates
CCEA does not change details, including names, on a qualifications certificate once it has been issued. A qualifications certificate is a historical record, showing the candidate’s name and achievements at the time of the award.
The exception to this is where a candidate requests a name change on the original certificate because of gender re-assignment. If you wish to apply for your name to be changed on your original certificate because
of gender re-assignment please send the following to CCEA:
- a completed RR1 application form;
- two photocopies of current identification;
- either a deed poll certificate or a statutory declaration; and
- Payment of Ј19 per certificate requested.
If the original certificate has been lost or misplaced, then a Certified Statement of Results can be issued at a cost of Ј10 per statement requested.
- The fee is £10.00 per Certified Statement of Results requested;
We can only accept payments (in sterling) by cheque or postal order made payable to:
(CCEA) Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment.
Proof of Identity
- You must provide along with your application, a photocopy of two different types of identification (one of which must be photographic). We need to verify your identity in order to comply with the Data Protection Act and to help prevent fraud. Your application will be delayed if you do not send these with your application form.
Example: Driving licence, passport, birth certificate, any card with the PASS logo, electoral I.D card or other official documentation .
Other Official Documentation
- A bank or building society statement*
- A debit or credit card statement*
- A rates bill
- An electricity, gas, water or a landline telephone bill
- A HM Revenue and Customs P2 Notice of Coding form or Tax credit award letter
- A Social Security Agency Jobseekers Allowance payment letter
* You can cut off/delete the part showing the transactions on your statement and your account number.
Applications will not be processed until we have received all the relevant information.
Please ensure you have:
- Checked with your centre to confirm that CCEA (Northern Ireland) was the awarding body used for your examinations;
- Completed all relevant sections of the application;
- Enclosed the correct payment;
- Enclosed 2 photocopies of identification.
Incomplete applications may be returned or delayed.
The latest version of Adobe Reader is also required to open this form. Download here .