Who should attend CIC?
The CIC Program is for agency and company personnel -- owners, producers, agents, account managers, brokers, underwriters, and marketing or claims personnel. Participants should be licensed agents, brokers, adjusters, or solicitors; or have at least two years of full-time experience in the insurance industry or as a risk management professional; or have served for at least two years as a full-time insurance faculty member at an accredited college or university.
CLICK HERE FOR
JAMES K. RUBLE GRADUATE SEMINARS
Earning the CIC Designation
You must successfully complete all five institutes and pass all five examinations within five calendar years. Once you have successfully completed all five exams, you will have earned the right to use the designation as indicated in your Congratulatory Packet from the National Alliance 2-4 days following the posting of your final pass letter to your MyPage. In addition, you will be eligible to attend special programs designed exclusively for CIC designees. Special Conferment Ceremonies are conducted annually to recognize those who have earned the designation throughout the year.
If earning the designation, you must successfully complete (70% or better) the two-hour, essay style exam. The exam is offered on Day 4 of the Institute from 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. only.
Members & Non-members $430
Day One Registration: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Seminar: 1:00 - 5:15 p.m.
Day Two & Three Seminar: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Day Four (Exam Day) Exam: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Agency Manageme nt
- The Agency as an Organization
- Agency Operations
- Human Resource Management
- Legal & Ethical Responsibilities
- Marketing & Sales Management
- Financial Management
- Commercial Property Coverages
- Commercial Property Causes of Loss
- Commercial Property Endorsements
- Time Element Coverages
- Commercial Inland Marine Coverages
- Businessowners Policies
- Personal Automobile Coverages
- Personal Residential Coverages
- Related Vehicle and Trailer Coverages
- Personal Umbrella/Excess Coverages
- Workers Compensation
- Commercial General Liability
- Business Automobile Coverages
- Umbrella/Excess Liability Coverages
- Essentials of Legal Liability
Life & Health
- Essentials of Life Insurance
- Essentials of Health, Disability Income & Group
- Applications of Life & Disability Income
- Personal & Business Needs
Maintaining the CIC Designation
Attending any of the following will satisfy your annual update requirement:
- Any of the five CIC Institutes (No examination required)
- James K. Ruble Graduate Seminars – Formerly called Advanced Coverage Ruble Seminars, these programs are offered only to dues paid members of the Society of CIC.* This update option is especially designed to move you beyond a mere knowledge of policies to an in-depth understanding of specific risks and exposures. You will learn the latest coverages, trends and techniques for minimizing insurance gaps and you will view developments through the eyes
of a risk manager.
- Dynamics of Selling – A unique sales program designed exclusively for the insurance industry. This program is designed for those new to selling insurance as well as those who have been selling for years. If you are new to selling insurance, this program will help you maximize your time and effort and increase your sales. If you have been selling for years, this program is just what you need to enhance your sales techniques.
*Please contact the Society of CIC at 800-633-2165 for more information on becoming a member.
NOTE: When planning your annual update, please keep in mind that you may not repeat a course in the same licensing period for CE credit. Credit will be granted only once per licensing period. In Maryland, courses must also be taken within six months of each other, even if taken in two different licensing periods. If you have a question whether a course is a duplicate or whether it has changed since you took it last, please contact IA&B's Member Service center at (800) 998-9644, extension 0.
Tenured CIC - In recognition of the many milestones and achievements CICs have made in their successful careers, the CIC Board of Governors initiated the Tenured CIC status in 2011. Significant educational achievements and a record of maintaining your designation have broadened each individual’s substantial base of knowledge. Therefore, this special recognition of tenure has been granted to CICs who have met the following criteria:
- Held the designation for 25 or more years,
- or CICs who have not held the designation for 25+ years, but are 70 years old or older,
- Designation is in good standing,
- AND membership dues are current.
These CICs will be eligible for tenured status and may maintain their designation by paying CIC dues every year and attending a qualified program every other year. Best of all, tenured CICs retain all of the rights and privileges of the designation and of their membership in the Society.
CIC Emeritus - A status available to CICs who are ready to retire, but not ready to give up the designation for which they worked so diligently and maintained for so many years. CIC Emeritus status is maintained with annual dues payment and no annual update is required. The CIC Emeritus designation guidelines are:
- Candidates must be retired from the insurance or risk management industry
- years held designation plus age must equal 70 or greater,and
- CICs must be dues-paid members in good standing.
Those are the technical requirements; however, it means much more than that to be an Emeritus CIC. These professionals are committed to continuing education and to the community they have helped to build and foster. They continue to support our efforts to broaden the opportunities to learn and to succeed.
The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site by clicking here .
Search and register for CIC Institutes.