What is a dea certificate

what is a dea certificate

Resource Center » How Do I.


Q: How do I find out if a physician or pharmacist has a DEA number?

A: DEA does not release physician registration information (or other registrants) to the general public. The best way for the public to ascertain a physician's status is to check with a state's medical board. Registration validation is available to current DEA registrants at www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov.

Q: How do I report illegal drug trafficking?

A. Follow this link to submit a tip to the DEA electronically. If you prefer to speak with a DEA agent, we recommend you call your local DEA office. Information relating to pharmaceutical controlled substance trafficking, suspicious online pharmacies may be reported electronically by following the link to DEA Diversion website .

Q: How do I know if an on-line pharmacy is legitimate?

A. The Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2008 (‘‘Ryan Haight Act’’) was enacted on October 15, 2008. The Act amended the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) by adding various provisions to prevent the illegal distribution and dispensing of controlled substances by means of the Internet. The law became effective on April 13, 2009. Two of the most important new requirements are the in-person medical evaluation requirement for prescribing practitioners and the modified registration requirement for online pharmacies. Further information regarding the implementing regulations concerning this matter may be found in its Federal Register publication on April 6, 2009 posted at www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2009.

Q: How do I find out about working for the DEA?

A. Follow this link on the DEA.gov website for career information .

Q: I am a doctor/nurse/practitioner, how do I get a Form 222?

A. The DEA Controlled substance Order Form (DEA 222) for Schedule 1 and 2 controlled substances may be ordered using the following link: https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/webforms/orderFormsRequest.jsp

The DEA 222 Order Forms may also be ordered by calling the DEA Headquarters Registration Unit toll free at 1-800-882-9539 or the nearest DEA Registration Field Office. The forms will be mailed

within 3 working days.

Q: I am a doctor/nurse/practitioner, how do I update my address with DEA?

A: Name, address, and other registration information may be updated at www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov.

Q: I am a doctor/nurse/practitioner, how do I register with the DEA?

A: Applications and on-line forms may be found at www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov.

Q: I am doing a research project, how do I get answers to my questions?

A: Unfortunately, DEA does not have unlimited resources to answer all research questions as fast as students or educators would like. We recommend you submit your requests to our FOIA office well ahead of any deadlines that you may be facing. This office will process your request in the order that it was received.

FOIA Contact:

Freedom of Information Operations Unit (SARO)

Drug Enforcement Administration

700 Army Navy Drive

Arlington, VA 22202

Q: I am a teacher/drug counselor, how do I get educational material?

A: Information regarding drugs of abuse, trends, and other educational materials may be obtained online at www.dea.gov and www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov. DEA demand reduction representatives may also be contacted at DEA Division offices for materials.

Q: I am a police officer, who do I contact to get information about DEA training programs?

A: We recommend you call your local DEA office and ask to speak with the training representative.

Q: How do I find out about auctions and/or seized property?

A: The U.S. Marshals Service oversees all auctions and selling of property seized by the government. Please visit their web site: www.usmarshals.gov for more information.

Q: How do I find my local DEA office?

A. A list of the local DEA offices can be found on the DEA.gov website by following the Contact Us link in the upper right corner of the Home page.

Q: I have a general diversion control-related registration question, what should I do?

A. A lot of general diversion control questions can be answered by visiting the DEA Diversion website .

Source: www.dea.gov

Category: Insurance

Similar articles: