2. Hardware Installation Instructions
Do not proceed with these steps until you have received your smart card or USB token package.
- Install the PKI Client software on your Windows XP, Vista, or 7 computer.
Note: Mac OS, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 10 are not supported at this time.Note: If you have ordered a smart card and smart card reader, Windows Plug And Play does not always install the smart card reader driver. In this case, you need to download and install the smart card reader driver from the Athena Smartcard Solutions web site (http://www.athena-scs.com/downloads.asp ):
- 32-Bit Version: http://www.athena-scs.com/docs/reader-drivers/setup4004x86-en.exe
- 64-Bit Version: http://www.athena-scs.com/docs/reader-drivers/setup4004x64-en.exe
Once this password is successfully created, you can move on to the certificate enrollment instructions.
3. Certificate Enrollment Instructions
Do not proceed with these steps until you have received your smart card or USB token package and installed the PKI Client software. You must have your smart card or USB token plugged into your computer at the time of enrollment.
- Plug your smart card or USB token into your computer.
- Go to the ECA Certificate Enrollment form .
Name fields. Note: If you have a suffix after your last name (e.g. Smith, Jr.), enter both your last name and suffix in the Last Name field. Note: Only enter your company's legal business name in the Organization field.
4. Identify Proofing Instructions
The Symantec ECA Authentication team cannot approve your certificate request until you submit your ECA Subscriber Enrollment form.
- Download and print ECA Subscriber Enrollment form, but do not sign this form yet. You must sign the ECA Subscriber Enrollment form in the presence of a Notary.
- Fill out Section 1 of the ECA Subscriber Enrollment form.
- Take the ECA Subscriber Enrollment to a Notary Public. You must present your valid Passport or Birth Certificate, valid Driver's License, and your Work ID Badge to the Notary. Note: If you do not have a Work ID badge, you must download and print the Subscriber’s Organizational Contact form. Then, a separate full-time employee of your company must fill out and sign the Subscriber’ Organizational Contact form. The purpose of this form is to verify the ECA subscriber's employment within the same organization.
- Sign the ECA Subscriber Enrollment form in the presence of a valid Notary. The Notary must list and confirm viewing of your ID documentation, stamp, and sign Section 2 of the ECA Subscriber Enrollment form.
- Mail the signed ECA Subscriber Enrollment form to: