American Petroleum Institute (API)
The American Petroleum Institute (API) is the only national trade organization that certifies the quality of DEF to international standards and licenses manufacturers who consistently meet these standards set by the International Organization for Standardization.
API issues a seal to those manufactures who are committed to the quality investment and processes. TerraCair Ultrapure Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is certified by the American Petroleum Institute (API) and proudly displays the API seal.
About the API Diesel Exhaust Fluid Certification Program
The API Diesel Exhaust Fluid Certification Program is a voluntary program designed to certify and monitor the quality characteristics of diesel exhaust fluid
intended to operate converters with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) in motor vehicles with diesel engines. Diesel exhaust fluid marketers that meet specific performance requirements for diesel exhaust fluid may be licensed to display the API Diesel Exhaust Fluid Certification Mark.
API Diesel Exhaust Fluid Certification has many benefits:
- Identifies for consumers diesel exhaust fluids that meet diesel engine manufacturer requirements.
- Helps consumers find those fluids.
- Gives consumers a choice of quality brands from which to choose.
- Helps reduce Nitrogen Oxide emissions.
- Provides rigorous monitoring of fluids in the marketplace.
- Tests licensed fluids to ensure that they meet program requirements.