A complete guide to CSTE certification
What is CSTE ?
CSTE stands for “Certified Software Test Engineer”. The Certified Software Tester (CSTE) certification is intended to establish standards for initial qualification and provide direction for the testing function through an aggressive educational program. It is an internationally recognized certification offered by QAI.
Examination Format:Candidates are tested on their knowledge and practice of the skill areas defined in the Software Testing CBOK. The exam itself consists of two parts:
- Parts 1 - Multiple choice (100 questions each - objective / 75 minute time limit)
- Parts 2 - Short answer / essay (12 questions each - subjective / 75 minute time limit).
The passing mark is 70% which is the average score of both parts.
What is the Eligibility Criteria ?To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet ONE of four prerequisites:
- A 4 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 2 years' experience in the information services field
- A 3 year degree from
an accredited college-level institution and 3 years' experience in the information services field
- A 2 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 4 years' experience in the information services field
- Six years' experience in the information services field
Are working, or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months, in the field within covered by the certification designation.
What is the curriculum ?
The curriculum is known as the Common Body of Knowledge (popularly called the CBOK ). You get your copy of CBOK once you register.
What is the Exam Fees ?
$350 (INCLUDES PDF version of CBOK)
Where can I take the Examination?
You can take the test in all Pearson VUE worldwide ( Computer Based. online exam ).
Where can I study from?
You can go though our Software Testing tutorials which will aid you in your CSTE studies. Tutorials consists of case studies which is the most difficult to crack in CSTE.
Where can I get CSTE papers for practice ?