PEGA Certification FAQs
1. Who should take the System Architect exam?
The PRPC Certified System Architect exam is intended for System Architects and Application Developers who are directly involved in the design and construction of applications built on PegaRULES Process Commander (PRPC).
2. What does the System Architect exam test for?
The exam tests an individual’s level of knowledge and competency in the essential concepts, tools, and methods required to build PRPC applications and to be a successful member of a PRPC project team.
3. Why should I become a Pegasystems Certified Professional?
Certification demonstrates to your customers, partners, and colleagues that you have acquired the knowledge and skills required to be an effective contributor to the design and development of PRPC applications.
4. How do I become a Certified System Architect?
Training and professional experience are the key ingredients in determining whether you should take the next step toward becoming certified. Please see the Pegasystems' training page for information on training offerings and the PRPC System Architect Certification Exam Blueprint for suggested prerequisites.
5. How do I become a Certified Senior System Architect (CSSA)?
To become a Certified Senior System Architect you must take and pass the CSSA exam. To prepare for the exam you can either enroll in the CSSA Immersion eLearning program on Pega Academy™ or the CSSA Immersion Instructor-led class. The eLearning program is a 6-month subscription and the CSSA Immersion is a two week instructor-led class.
6. How do I become a Certified Lead System Architect (CLSA)?
To become a Certified Lead System Architect you must take and pass both parts of the CLSA exam. Part I is a multiple choice exam administrated through Pearson Vue and Part II is an application build administered by Pegasystems. To prepare for the exams you can either enroll in the CLSA self-study program on Pega Academy™ or the CLSA Immersion instructor-led course. The self-study program provides a 6-month subscription to CLSA materials available through Pega Academy™. The CLSA Immersion course is a four-week class consisting of two weeks of classroom training and two weeks of virtual training. Normally students will set aside additional time immediately after this course to study and take both exams.
The 5.5 Part II CLSA Exam will no longer be offered as of December 31, 2013 due to the release of PRPC v7.1. After this date, candidates who have completed part I of the 5.5 CLSA exam will be required to retake Part I and Part II of the CLSA exam in version 6.2 or 7.1.
7. What training is recommended to prepare for the PRPC System Architect Certification Exam?
The completion of the following Pegasystems' training classes - combined with your professional experience - the most effective way to prepare for the Certified System Architect exam.
- Fast Track to PegaRULES Process Commander
- PegaRULES Process Commander Bootcamp
The concepts, tools and methods that comprise the domains measured by this exam are derived from the content of these courses plus at least three months experience using PRPC.
8. In addition to training classes, what other activities or experience can help me become a Certified System Architect?
The following have proven to be helpful in preparing for the exam:
- Experience in the development of applications using object oriented design principles
- Experience in the design and development of applications using PegaRULES ProcessCommander
- Programming experience with Java, C++, C Sharp, HTML and relational databases
- Familiarity with PegaRULES Process Commander
- Exposure to Pegasystems developer information via product documents, online help files and/or the PDN
9. What study materials and guidelines are available to help me prepare for a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
Pegasystems’ certification website provides links to two important resources:
- The Exam Blueprint provides information about the form and style of the exam
- A detailed roadmap of the exam test domains and the range of topics covered in each test domain.
10. What’s on the System Architect exam?
The exam consists of 70 multiple choice and/or multiple response questions based on the exam blueprint test domains.
11. How long is a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
You are given 90 minutes to complete the exam and it is divided into the following segments:
- Reading and acceptance of the Non-Disclosure Agreement - 5 minutes
- The exam – 85 minutes
12. Why am I required to review and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement before taking a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
To preserve the security and value of the certification program, all candidates are required to review and accept a Non-Disclosure Agreement at the time of the exam.
If you don’t sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement you cannot take the exam.
13. What is the passing score for a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
The passing score is 70%.
14. What should I bring with me when I take a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
You must bring two (2) forms of personal identification (ID). Both forms of ID must have your signature, and one of the two forms of ID must have your photo. Valid forms of identification include: driver's license, passport, or equivalent. Food, laptops, backpacks, notepads, pens, or other personal equipment are NOT allowed in the test area.
15. Can I use reference materials during a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
No. The use of reference materials and/or discussion between candidates is not allowed.
16. When do I receive my exam results?
Immediately. When you complete and submit your exam, the VUE testing system displays your pass/fail status and your score.
17. Do I get a score report of my exam results?
Yes. All exam candidates, regardless of whether you pass or fail an exam, are given a printed score report that identifies performance within each test domain.
18. Can I get a detailed report of my exam answers?
No. In order to maintain the integrity of the exam, the answers to the test questions are NOT provided.
19. Can I retake the exam if I do not pass?
If you fail the exam, you can retake the exam using the following guidelines:
- You must wait 2 weeks after the exam to take the exam again.
- You can take the exam up to three times in one year from the date of your first exam attempt.
- You must pay the full exam fee each time you take the exam.
20. How is my certification acknowledged?
Pegasystems has gone GREEN. When candidates pass the CSA or CSSA exam they automatically receive a certification logo and certificate electronically. All Pega Certified Professionals receive the soft copy certificate only. Certification logos and certificates are emailed to you within two weeks of successfully passing the certification exam. They are emailed to the address you provided when you registered for the exam. Guidelines for the use of your certification logo are provided in the email.
21. Where can I take a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
Pegasystems has teamed with Pearson VUE, a premier computer-based testing service, to offer exams at authorized test centers worldwide. To find the test center nearest to you, visit the Pegasystems’ registration page at Pearson VUE.
22. Can I take a certification exam at Pegasystems’ training facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts?
Yes. All who are enrolled in New Hire Enablement, CSSA Immersion and/or CLSA Immersion training will be provided information to register and take the exam at our Pegasystems’ headquarters authorized VUE testing center.
23. How do I register for a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
You can view the exam schedule and register for the exam by:
- Clicking the “Register Now” button on Pegasystems’ Certification Web page .
- Going directly to VUE’s Pegasystems’ page
- Calling VUE toll-free at 800-433-1299 (in North America). To locate another location’s call center go to VUE’s Pegasystems’ page .
24. How much does it cost to take a Pegasystems’ certification exam?
The cost for all written exams is currently $150 U.S. payable with a valid credit card at the time you register for the exam. VUE accepts payment by MasterCard, VISA, Amex, and JCB credit cards only. Purchase orders, cash and personal checks are not accepted.
25. I am a Pegasystems’ employee; is there an exam fee and do I need a promotion code?
There is no charge for employees. However, you must provide VUE with a Pegasystems’ promotion code to register for the exam. To obtain the code, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
26. What if I need to cancel or reschedule my exam appointment?
If you want to cancel or reschedule your exam, you must contact VUE one business day prior to your exam appointment. Canceling or rescheduling an exam less than 24 hours prior is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee. The same forfeit exam fees apply to exam candidates who do not show up for the exam at their registered time.
27. What is the refund policy?
Refunds are granted when you cancel your exam with at least a 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
28. Who can I contact to verify that an individual is Pegasystems’ Certified?
Pegasystems does not publicly publish the names or scores of those who have been certified. For information regarding certification status, contact us at email@example.com