What Is Dog Insurance?
When your dog gets sick or injured, the last thing you want to think about is how much the right treatment will cost. Dog health insurance helps protect you from that financial burden and makes sure you can focus on getting the best care possible for your pooch.
Whether your dog has several minor incidents or develops a serious medical condition like cancer, pet insurance helps shield your budget from unexpected veterinary costs.
Knowing that your dog’s healthcare is covered helps allow you to determine the course of treatment based on what is most effective for the health and happiness of your dog (not on the size of your wallet).
With dog medical insurance, you can rest assured knowing your canine friend will be taken care of.
How does dog insurance work?
After enrolling with Trupanion, if you need to make a claim, you will be reimbursed 90% of covered healthcare expenses for your dog.* You pay the remaining 10%, as well as your monthly premium, examination fees, and routine preventive care.
You know what’s best for your pet. That’s why we reimburse you based on your actual veterinary bill and never use benefit fee schedules or “usual and customary” payouts.
You can work with your veterinarian of choice or visit a specialist or emergency room and you'll be reimbursed just the same. There's no need to search for a specific veterinarian who will treat your pet within a certain price point.
With a Trupanion policy, there are also no payout limits per condition, or per year, and or for the lifetime of your pet. If you have an unlucky pet that has a lifetime of serious health conditions or ongoing care, you will never see a cap on how much you will be reimbursed.
How do I get started?
Getting your dog enrolled in a Trupanion dog health insurance policy is quick and easy. All dogs and cats between 8 weeks and 14 years old can enroll for lifelong coverage and you don’t have to schedule a veterinary exam.
Click the "Get a Quote" button above to get started. Once you have your quote, you can change the deductible to fit your budget and enroll your dog right away. If you prefer, you can also enroll your dog by calling 855.591.3100 to speak with one of our friendly Customer Care partners who can work through this with you to provide the right dog insurance coverage for you and your pet.