What is QuickTest Professional (QTP)?
QuickTest Professional is the solution for functional test and regression test automation.
In other words, QuickTest Professional is a tool used for automation of functional and regression tests for various software applications and environments. It performs functional and regression testing through a user interface such as a native GUI or web interface. QuickTest Professional uses VBScript scripting language to specify the test procedure and to manipulate the objects and controls of the application under test. Although HP QuickTest Professional is usually used for “UI Based” Test Case Automation, it can also automate some “Non-UI” based Test Cases such as file system operations, database testing or Web services testing. HP Quick Test Professional 11 is current and latest available stable release from HP Software Division.
Today there are many test automation tools available in the market.
However, Quick Test Professional is the most widely used tool for the purpose of Test automation and has emerged as the test automation tool of choice for the software industry.
HP-QTP is considered as a standard tool for the purpose of test automation.
Some of the factors that contribute to this wide scale acceptance of QTP as a tool for functional and regression test automation are listed below.
- Comparatively easy to use compared to lots of other tools available in market. Simple interface Numerous features Uses a programming language (Microsoft’s VBScript) with lot of resources available QTP is comparatively easier for a non-technical person to adapt compared to lot of other tools available in market. HP QTP can be extended with separate add-ins for a number of development environments that are not
supported out-of-the-box. Good availability of professionals.
What is HP QTP 11 certification?
HP-QTP certification is the certification exam conducted by HP in collaboration with Pearson VUE. The exam is called HP0-M47.
HP-QTP certification is formal recognition that an individual has proficiency in HP Quick Test Professional. Certification represents recognition of a particular individual’s professional competence.
What is the format of HP QTP 11 certification question paper?
HP QuickTest professional 11 (HP0-M47) certification exam consists of
Number of Questions: 72
Question types: Multiple choice, drag-and-drop, and point and click
Certification Exam time: 105 minutes
Passing Percentage: 75%
What are the benefits of HP QTP certification?
Benefits of HP QTP certification for individuals:
- Certification represents recognition of a particular individual’s professional competence. Prestige for the individual and a competitive advantage over non-certified individuals in the same field. Many companies consider QTP certification as a plus point for employees during appraisals. During employee recruitment, many companies prefer certified employees over non certified employees. In some organizations certification is a requirement for employment.
Benefits of HP QTP certification for Organizations:
- Establishment of a professional standard for employees in the field of Automation testing. Assist the employers in making hiring decisions. Highly trained and competent workforce for employers.
What is the syllabus for QTP 11 certification exam?
+ Automated test planning
- Plan for general testing and automation.
- Plan for QTP testing.
- Identify and describe features and settings.
- Explain QTP licensing and packaging.
+ Basic test creation and how QTP works with objects