- Life Insurance and AD&D options
- Benefits Summaries and Plan Documents
- Life insurance rates
- Evidence of Insurability Process
- Travel Assistance
- Legacy Planning Services
- Beneficiary Financial Services
- Legal Services
Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
In addition to the KSU paid $25,000 Basic Life and $25,000 AD&D insurance, you may elect optional additional life insurance on yourself and/or your dependents.
- Employee Supplemental life insurance - You can buy additional life insurance coverage from one to eight times your salary, up to a maximum of $2.5 million. The lesser of 3x your annual salary or $500,000 is guaranteed without you providing any Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
Spouse Supplemental life insurance - Available in $10,000 increments up to $500,000. Your spouse
will need to provide proof of good health (EOI) for amounts over $50,000. Coverage for Domestic Partners is available. If you and your spouse are USG employees, you may not have spouse life coverage.
Child Life - $.50 per month for $5,000, $1.00 per month for $10,000 and $1.50 per month for $15,000 in coverage for all eligible child dependents
Selecting a Beneficiary
You must designate a beneficiary for your Life and AD&D coverage when you enroll in benefits on-line through the ADP Self-Service portal. Your beneficiary is the person or persons who will receive benefits in the event of your death. You may change your beneficiaries at any time through the ADP Self Service portal. You are the beneficiary for the Spouse and Child(ren) life insurance.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance through Minnesota Life