Driver's License # New User?
TABC Certification Online
What is TABC Certification? The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) strongly feels that trained sellers, servers, and managers are better able to identify and prevent sales of alcoholic beverages to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club.
Because of this belief, the TABC has certified courses for seller-server training. The courses are commonly referred to as TABC certification courses. The online TABC training that OnlineTABCcertification.com provides in partnership with TABCpermit.com is one of those TABC certified courses.
A TABC certification course covers the laws applicable to the sales or service of alcoholic beverages to minors, intoxicated persons, and non-members of a private club. The TABC class also teaches techniques to identify these persons and prevent sales to them.
Individuals who successfully complete an approved TABC training program are issued official TABC certificates. The TABC certificate is valid for two (2) years from the date of course completion.
Once the TABC certificate expires, the individual must complete a TABC certification course again and pass the exam again in order to renew the certification. There is not a shorter re-certification TABC class.
The TABC encourages retailers
to require their employees who sell or serve alcoholic beverages to complete a TABC certification course through the "Safe Harbor Act." If an illegal sale is made, the seller/server might be arrested, but the retailer's permit/license will have protection from administrative action by the TABC. Therefore, most employers require you to be TABC certified as a condition of employment if your job duties will include the sale, service, or delivery of alcoholic beverages.
The TABC will not take administrative action against a license/permit when an employee sells or serves an alcoholic beverage to a minor or intoxicated customer, as long as:
- the person selling is not the owner or an officer of the licensee or permittee;
- the person selling holds a current TABC certification;
- all employees engaged in the sale, service, or delivery of alcoholic beverages, as well as their immediate managers, are currently TABC certified;
- the licensee/permittee posts policies for Responsible Alcohol Service and ensures that each employee understands these policies;
- the licensee/permittee does not directly or indirectly encourage the employee to violate the law; and
- there are not more than two of these type violations within a twelve month period.