ServSafe ® Certification Courses
ServSafe ® is good for Food Service (Restaurant) and Child Care Applications. The fee for the class is $140.00 which includes the 6th Edition ServSafe ® Manager 6th Edition book and the class. Occasionally there is also a small refreshment/lunch fee.
To register for an MSU-ES ServSafe ® class and purchase a copy of the 6th Edition ServSafe ® Manager book using a credit card, please click here. All books are shipped UPS Ground and are usually received within one business day of shipping if shipped anywhere in Mississippi.
What makes ServSafeВ® training and certification a good choice for your foodservice operation? The answers below make all the difference.
Why ServSafe Training?
- Because you need the highest standard of food safety training and certification.
- Because the ServSafe Program has evolved to meet the most urgent food safety training challenges in our industry.
- Because ServSafe is a better way to learn. It's more engaging, for greater comprehension and better application.
- Because food safety impacts your customers, your employees and your business. With so much on the line, the right preparation means everything.
Mississippi State University Extension Service has over 15 certified instructors across Mississippi who offer ServSafe courses throughout the year.
- The Mississippi State University Extension Service provides training in both the 8-hour and 16-hour format meeting the needs of both those who are seeking initial certification and those who are seeking recertification.
Why ServSafe Certification?
- Because the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP).
- Because the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Exam is valid, reliable and legally defensible.
- Because it's certification the industry trusts. In fact, more than 3 million ServSafe Food Protection Manager certifications have been awarded to date.
- Because the Mississippi Food Code requires that each establishment must have at least one certified food safety manager employed full-time. The Mississippi State Department of Health recognizes ServSafe certification as satisfying this requirement.
- Because ServSafe Certification meets the needs of today's diverse industry. Written examination booklets are offered in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French Canadian and large print. Online exams are offered in English, Spanish and Chinese.
Adapted from the ServSafeВ® Website http://www.servsafe.com