AMA members always save 10% on travel medical insurance. An additional 15% savings is included in pricing for members age 55 and over, both online and in-centre. Completion of a simple 5 question medical questionnaire is required for anyone age 55 and over to ensure the best pricing. Anyone under age 55 who chooses the online self-serve option are eligible for the additional 15% savings.
Why do I need Travel Medical Insurance?
You never know what will happen! Protect yourself against unforeseen expenses while you are travelling, with additional emergency travel medical insurance. Medical emergencies that occur outside Canada are significantly more expensive than at home, and your Government Health Care coverage becomes limited as soon as you are outside your home province and country.
Am I Eligible?
Tranquility Travel Medical Insurance coverage is available if you:
- Are an Alberta resident
- Are insured under a valid Canadian Government Health Care policy
- Meet the eligibility requirements and plan qualifications
- Purchase the policy before you have left Alberta
You are not eligible for any coverage under this policy if your trip is booked or undertaken:
- Contrary to medical advice;
- While you require kidney dialysis;
- After receiving a diagnosis of terminal illness with less than 6 months to live;
- If you have ever had a bone marrow or organ transplant (except cornea transplant);
- If you have been diagnosed with and/or received medical treatment for metastatic cancer in the last five years;
- If you have been prescribed or taken home oxygen for a lung condition in the last 12 months
Do I Have to Answer a Medical Questionnaire to Get Coverage?
Customers 55 years of age and older are required to complete a Medical Questionnaire. This will determine the plan and best premium for your personal needs.
I have Credit Card or Employer Coverage – Isn’t That Enough?
While your credit card or employer coverage may seem to be sufficient, they all have different benefits, exclusions and limitations. Consider these points when reviewing your other coverage:
Who is covered? Only you as the card holder, your spouse, your children? Duration of trip allowed for coverage? There may be a limit on the number of days you can be travelling, with no extension allowance. Does it include coverage for Air Ambulance or Medical Repatriation?