Janet Hunt has been working in the insurance industry for over 15 years. She began her career as a customer service representative for a well-known insurance carrier.
Continue Reading Below
These policy holders are serviced through a network over more than 1 million health care providers. The company CEO is Mark T. Bertolini. Aetna has over 35,000 employees nationwide with a revenue in excess of $35 billion.
Financial Strength and Customer Satisfaction
Aetna has very strong financial strength ratings. This is important for a health insurance company when it comes to being able to take care of customer claims and pay all its financial obligations. Here are how the major insurance rating organization rate Aetna:
In terms of customer satisfaction, according to a customer survey conducted by Insure.com, 88% of current policy holders plan to renew their health insurance coverage and customers give the satisfaction rating as 4 out of 5. For four straight years, Aetna was recognized by J.D. Powers and Associates as having “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” with its Aetna Premier One’s health concierge customer service call center.
The website provides extensive resources for customers including a public education program called “Plan for Your Health” which helps the consumer by providing information about health benefits and personal finances.
Continue Reading Below
The aim is to help the consumer make a more informed health insurance purchase. In 2012, the Department of Health and Human Services and the White House Business Council recognized Aetna as one of eight organizations committed to improving health care equality.
Health Insurance Products
Aetna offers consumers a wide range of individual, family, Medicare and employer health insurance products. In addition, you may choose to participate in an HSA or health savings plan where you can save money,
tax-free, to apply towards your insurance deductible and other health-related expenses. There are so many insurance options with Aetna that you will have to visit the website to explore them all in-depth. Here are some of the benefits provided by Aetna health insurance plans:
- Affordable Options. There are a large number of insurance options available to fit your budget. You can choose a plan based on how much money you can spend monthly for office visits and other services. There are variable plans that combine quality coverage with affordability.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent financial strength and customer service ratings
- There are many supplemental health insurance products and plans available.
- You may receive a quote and buy coverage online.
- Large selection of health care providers to choose from
- Low-cost insurance options
- Aetna does not offer as many short-term insurance options as some other carriers.