Edit This Favorite
Careers in the Insurance Industry
Insurance is a stable yet dynamic industry which provides a wealth of advancement and career opportunities. From administrative support to management programs, from sales to information technology, from accounting to customer service. anything you want to do in business, you can do in the insurance industry. Working in insurance means assisting companies and individuals in guarding themselves against loss. As an insurance professional, you will guide customers in identifying the type, and level of insurance necessary, and help them purchase the correct policy.
- IIAW members post job openings HERE .
- Wisconsin has several insurance programs in higher education: University of Wisconsin Madison, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Lakeland College and several other technical colleges.
- IIAW has created an internship program for people interested in the insurance industry. If you are interested in being an intern in an insurance agency in Wisconsin, contact an agency in your community or IIAW.
- View videos about careers in the insurance
industry and as an insurance agent .
- For more information on careers in the insurance Industry, click HERE .
- For information on earning your insurance agent's license, click here .
- InVEST. a school-to-work insurance program, teams up with high school and community college educators to provide a useful insurance curriculum for students.
- Click HERE to find out more information on how to start your own agency.
- Insurance is a trillion dollar industry in the U.S.
- Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance is a $440 billion industry.
- Nearly 3 million people work in the insurance industry.
- Thirty-three P&C insurance companies are listed on the Fortune 500 annual ranking of America's largest corporations.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor, in the next ten to fifteen years the insurance industry will grow by 20% - 40%.
- Click HERE to read the Wisconsin Industry Report and learn more about its impact on our state.
Jobs in the Insurance Industry