With more than 1.2 billion people calling it home, India is the second largest country in the world. Sadly, of this population, over 800 million people live in poverty (World Bank). That means that India also houses more poor people than any other country in the world. The need is immense.
While its economy may be growing, the voices of its poorest families often go unheard. Living in urban slums or remote rural areas, mothers and fathers living in poverty often can’t find work and have limited access to basic necessities like toilets and clean drinking water. Hunger is rife and, due to poor maternal health practices, too many mothers and children die in childbirth every year.
By giving families the tools they need
to start their own small businesses, you can help break the cycle of poverty in India, one family at a time.
Supporters like you are helping give a hand up to 1,927,832 families in India through:
- Small loans to help them start their own businesses and earn regular incomes
- Training to help them run their businesses successfully
- Savings to keep their earnings secure
- Microinsurance to help families deal with unexpected challenges like the death of a loved one or illness
- Micropensions to ensure their long-term future is looked after
- Rural outreach to empower families in the most isolated villages
- Health training to educate communities in nutrition, first aid, maternal health and illness prevention.
Category: Payday loans