Are you struggling with these debt problems?
- Stop Foreclosure. Save Your Home — Filing bankruptcy prevents your mortgage lender from foreclosing on your home. Under Chapter 13. you can reorganize your debt into a manageable repayment plan, including low monthly payments that allow you to keep your home.
- Stop Repossession. Get Your Car or Truck Back. Lower Your Payment — A bankruptcy plan stops car or truck repossession. If you act quickly, it can even get your repossessed vehicle back — and even get your car payment lowered.
- Stop Credit Card Debt. Repair Your Credit — As your debt-to-income ratio grows, your credit score declines. Your lenders respond by tightening your credit and raising your interest rates. Filing for bankruptcy can actually reverse this trend, as you begin to take the necessary steps to repair your credit.
- Stop Creditor Harassment — As soon as you file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, the bankruptcy court grants you Automatic stay protection. This orders your creditors to back off. They can't contact you directly and can only attempt to collect on your debts through the bankruptcy court. The automatic stay effectively eliminates harassing phone calls and other collection tactics. In fact, when creditors ignore this court order, you may be able to sue them for damages!
- Keep Your Possessions — You may think that filing for bankruptcy will force you to sell everything you own. Nothing could be further from the truth. In reality, bankruptcy helps you hold onto important items like your home, your car, your retirement plan — even your cash.
Choose the most decisive remedy for your debt
"Why do so many Atlanta homeowners end up in foreclosure even with a mortgage modification? Because mortgage modification can't save enough to make a difference. A bankruptcy plan can save your home because
it will save you hundreds, — even thousands more per month than a mortgage modification will. If you want to save your home, total monthly savings is the answer. Bankruptcy works."
Robert J. Semrad, Senior Partner – DebtStoppers
Is your debt taking over your life?
Sooner or later, all of us go through tough financial times. Job loss or a reduction in hours, divorce, an unexpected medical bill or large repair expense can put us over the edge. In Atlanta and throughout Georgia, the recession drags on and more families than ever find themselves one paycheck away from serious financial trouble.
Congress has given us a way out of times like these
Anticipating the heavy burden a poor economy places on families, Congress passed — and the president signed into law — the most effective debt relief tool ever created for helping working people eliminate debt: the personal bankruptcy statutes governing Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
You don't need to be judged, you need to be helped.
DebtStoppers is one of Georgia's largest bankruptcy law firms. We've helped countless Atlanta families stop foreclosure, garnishment and repossession, eliminate debt and hold on to their homes, vehicles and valued possessions. We offer sound debt advice. answer your questions and guide you through the Georgia bankruptcy process patiently and professionally. We will always treat you with the respect you deserve. We know how it feels to be overwhelmed by debt and we'll take all the time needed to make sure we understand your situation and your wishes.
Trust the DebtStoppers Atlanta Bankruptcy Law Firm to guide you to financial freedom
Your DebtStoppers Atlanta bankruptcy lawyer is your advocate. We'll fight for you and keep your interests always in the forefront. Call DebtStoppers today at 404-796-7161, or fill out our easy online appointment form .
Category: Payday loans