The Side Jobs feature was introduced as part of the Hype Train event, unlocked at 200,000 gallons of hype fuel. The feature has been added at Day 2 of the Spring Break event. Additional achievements were added to the game and this system on Day 6.
Starting with Update #68 non-achievement goals were also added to the dailies.
The Side Jobs feature rewards players for successfully completing specified achievements. or repeating the acquisition process of said achievements if they have been unlocked beforehand.
There's a distinction between day jobs, and weekly jobs;
- Daily challenges, usually less difficult achievements, award players with cash and random mod for the weapon of their choice.
- Weekly challenges, usually fairly difficult achievements, will award players with cash and a pre-defined Infamy item. Note these can only be infamous items gained from card drops, not the items gained from progressing on the Infamy grid.
As the names suggests, each daily job can only be done once per day, and weekly jobs once per week. It does not matter at what time of the day/week the jobs were completed, a new one will become available starting the next increment of time.
Claiming the Reward
If you've completed a challenge, during the day ending screen it will read 'Side Job completed! Go to Crime.Net to claim your rewards' accompanied with a cheers sound effect.
Note: The Stealth Bonus screen has higher priority, so if finished in stealth, only the sound can be heard.
After this if you load Crime.Net (both offline or online), click the Side Job button and go to the completed job (it will be orange);
on the money icon to claim the money (20k)
- Click on the mask icon (weekly) to get the shown mask
- If you've completed a daily clicking the weapon mod button will give a new screen where you can scroll between the various weapon categories. the actual weapon for which to roll for an item, and then from which DLC you want an item drop (the base game displaying as 'Normal', or you can leave that unspecified ('All').
- Only card and The Butcher Mod Pack 2 items can drop, not achievement unlockables or those gained from Gage packages .
- The max 2 limit from regular card drops does NOT apply to this reward system.
Potential Daily Challenges
The Mendoza's want to show the Cobra's what it means to play in the big leagues. Take them four meth bags on Rats (Day 2), but steal the payment instead.