WHO: The 2015 CGAP Photo Contest is open to all photographers at least 18 years old. (The operational team of CGAP, the World Bank, and their immediate families are excluded from participating.)
WHAT: We are looking for original, striking images of the impact of microfinance and financial inclusion around the world. These images may reflect a range of products and services, institutions, and methodologies, and may touch on a broad range of social, economic, developmental, and technological issues. We encourage entries from all regions, in both rural and urban settings. This year, we are looking for photos that touch on the following themes:
- Digital Finance - Unbanked people are increasingly gaining access to financial services through mobile phones and other digital channels. Show us how poor customers are using digital services.
- Smallholders Families - Smallholder farming households represent the largest client segment by livelihood of those living on less than US$2 a day. Show us how smallholder farmers and their families are putting financial services to use.
- Women's Use of Financial Services - Improving access to financial services helps women achieve economic freedom to make better choices - not only for themselves but also for their families. Show us how women around the world are improving their lives with financial services.
- Small Business Enterprises - Providing access to finance for a small business owner might allow them to pursue her dream, support her family, and create jobs in her community. Show us how low-income entrepreneurs are using financial services to grow their businesses.
Entries must be:
- The original work of the entrant
- Non-infringing of the rights of others
- Respectful of the rights, sensitivities, and culture of persons depicted
- An accurate reflection of the subject matter and scene as it appeared, without alteration (other than standard optimization, including removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast, etc.)
WHEN: All entries must be submitted by midnight EST 15 September 2015. Voting for the People's Choice Award begins on September 16th and ends September 23rd.
HOW: Up to 20 photographs may be submitted per person. Entries may be entered by
uploading digital files.
FILE REQUIREMENTS: Digital images or scans of prints may be uploaded. Original files of camera-made digital photos may not exceed three megabytes (3 MB). CGAP cannot be responsible for lost, damaged, late or misdirected entries, or for faulty uploading connections, garbled transmissions, unauthorized intervention, or technical malfunctions.
JUDGING: Judges will include professional photographers and photo editors. Entries will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit. The story behind the photo may influence the judges' decisions. Decisions made by the judges are final.
WINNING ENTRIES: All entries may be used by CGAP in printed publications, on any CGAP web asset, in a slideshow, or in any other media, and may be copied and displayed in any country, provided that all uses are accompanied by appropriate attribution to the photographer. Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of their photographs. CGAP holds copyright to the collection of photos that constitute the CGAP Photo Contest. CGAP shall have the right to verify, in its sole judgment, winner eligibility. A selection of winning photos may be featured on CGAP's websites - cgap.org and microfinancegateway.org - and in exhibitions at the World Bank in Washington, D.C. and other prestigious venues. Winning images also may be used in a slideshow, on social media, in CGAP publications, or in CGAP offices.
LEGAL CONDITIONS: By entering the contest, you must agree to the Legal Conditions. Entry of photographs into the Contest implies acceptance of these conditions, regardless of whether entrants sign a statement confirming acceptance.
Copyright. By entering, you retain copyright and remain the owner of your images and may also continue to use them in any manner you choose. You agree that the images you submit may be used in printed publications, on CGAP's websites (including cgap.org and microfinancegateway.org ), in a slideshow and screensaver, may be uploaded on CGAP's social media channels, or in any other media, and may be copied and displayed in any country provided that you are afforded appropriate attribution as the photographer.
For questions regarding the 2015 photo contest, please contact Erin Scronce, Communications Officer, email@example.com. and Erin Stock, Communications Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category: Payday loans