Accion Microfinance Bank - Established in 2006, Accion Microfinance Bank has a mission, “To economically empower micro-entrepreneurs and low-income earners by providing financial services in a sustainable, ethical and profitable manner.” The bank which has a license to operate nationally in Nigeria, has an extensive branch network where customers have easy access to various products and services that include savings, loans,micro-insurance and e-commerce.
With a total asset base of over N5 billion as at December 2014, Accion Microfinance Bank is the safe and strong microfinance bank positioned to serve her ever increasing customers having disbursed over N32bn in loans to over 163,000 customer accounts since inception Accion Microfinance Bank has solid shareholder investments from three major banks -Ecobank, Zenith Bank and Citi Bank - as well as International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank and Accion Investments - all of which contribute to its strong financial base and allow it to service a never-increasing number of customers.
The job holder is responsible for managing the end-to-end talent acquisition process (planning, sourcing,selection, hiring, pre-joining) for all positions across the Bank.
The involves developing appropriate sourcing strategies resulting in optimum utilization of resources and reduction in recruitment cost while focusing on hiring quality talent and building a diverse talent pool for future business hiring needs.
- Recruit and screen applicants- Receive hiring request from supervisor. Communicate with supervisor as needed to determine the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- Determine the best recruitment and selection techniques based on this data. Interview qualified applicants to narrow the applicant pool.
- Refer qualified applicants to appropriate supervisor upon completion of screening process. Ensure compliance with all labour laws.
- Develop recruitment plans and coordinate recruitment activities - Determine the required knowledge,skills and abilities for the position to be filled.
- Develop the best method to achieve recruitment goals such as placing ads, coordinating media to be used, attending job fairs, etc.
- Document responses to recruitment methods in order to monitor and track effective methods.
- Extend offer of employment- Extend offer of employment contingent upon pre-employment medical screen results, applicant background check and reference checks.
- Extend written offer of employment, coordinate employment start dates, address new hire questions and concerns, and confirm salary and benefits for new employees.
- Conduct employee orientation - Schedule and coordinate new employee orientation sessions. Communicate and explain organizational policies, practices and procedures.
- Address any employee questions or concerns. Develop orientation methods as needed.
- Counsel managers - Advise managers of appropriate selection techniques and evaluation methods.
- Review managerial hiring decisions to ensure compliance with labour laws and regulations.
- Communicate with managers throughout the selection and evaluation process and provide guidance as needed.
- Coordinate employee transfers and separations - Communicate with employees and managers to determine and document reasons for separation.
- Ensure that all labour laws are abide by.
- Schedule and conduct exit interviews.
- Maintain and analyse turnover records.
- Communicate separation trends to management.
- Complete annual turn over reports.
- Ensure validity of required tests- Ensure tests are related to a job's required knowledge, skills and abilities.Document test results to verify validity and maintain records in order to analyse validity of data.
- Perform statistical analysis and authorize internal selection methods based on confirmed validity.
- Ensure strong employer brand -Build strong internal and external relationships resulting in increased employer branding and awareness.
- Maintain an up to date “Profile Bank” to fulfil any potential requirements within the least possible time frame.
- Optimize the use of social media for passive candidate sourcing and proactively building a robust candidate pipeline for frequent and critical roles.
- Prepare recruitment reports to keep tab on costs involved, timelines for recruiting etc.
- Work on improving employee experience by promoting company career growth initiatives, encouraging referrals etc
Qualification and Experience
Degrees & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource/Industrial Relations or any related discipline
- Professional Certification from CIPM, HRCI or CIPD would be an advantage.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to articulate ACCION Microfinance Bank's employment value proposition
- Able to work in a fast paced business environment and deliver within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in applying leading recruitment practices and competency/behavioural based assessment techniques and adept with using a variety of recruiting technologies to source talent.
- Experience in servicing Service Level Agreements
- Experience in working with recruitment agencies, external parties and candidates direct in terms of attracting talent
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, of which 3 years MUST be in conducting end to end recruitment for entry level to high profile positions in the telecoms, and /or financial services industry.
- Proven research and analytical skills and ability to make recommendations based on information gathered and sound judgement.
- Communication skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Very competitive and attractive, depending on qualification and experience
Category: Payday loans