Thank you for choosing CIBC as your business banking partner. Opening a CIBC Business Banking Account is a quick and easy process.
We offer a choice of three accounts to meet the needs of your business:
- CIBC Business Operating Account – a Canadian dollar account for the day-to-day operation of your business
- CIBC Business Investment Growth Account™ – a Canadian dollar investment savings account for business clients looking for a competitive rate of return on surplus funds
- CIBC U.S. Dollar Current Account – an operating account that is designed to meet your U.S. business needs
Step 1 - Getting started
- Complete the Small Business Account Application (700 KB)
- Use our Branch Locator to find details of the CIBC branch closest to you. Contact the branch to schedule an appointment. You may be asked to provide an application in advance to
ensure that the appointment is quick and convenient.
Please note: You can also choose to visit a CIBC branch that is convenient for you. If you and the other principals or signing officers are present with the required business documents, a CIBC advisor may be able to open the account at that time.
If you require assistance, please call CIBC Telephone Banking at 1-800-465-2422 .
Step 2 - Preparing for your appointment
In order to ensure that your appointment is quick and easy, all principals and signing officers for the business should attend. Please bring the following:
- Your completed Small Business Account Application (unless you have been asked to provide this before your appointment)
- Two pieces of original identification (including one with a photo) for each principal and signing officer
- Documentation specific to your business type, as outlined below:
Category: Personal Finance