This page covers how to download videos posted on Facebook. Keep in mind that there are different types of videos that can be posted on Facebook, so click on the link for the steps appropriate to the video you are trying to download.
Download video you posted
If you uploaded the video you want to download in the past, you can download the video by following the steps below.
- Open Facebook and browse to the video in your Photos / Albums.
- Once the video has been opened, click the Options link under the video.
- In Options are the options Download HD and Download SD click on the link depending on the quality of the video you want to download.
Tip: SD is Standard Definition, and HD is High Definition and the highest quality of video to download, but is a larger file size.
If neither of these Download links is available, the video is not something you uploaded. Skip to the download a video a friend or family member posted steps.
Download video posted in your timeline
If the timeline video was created by a Facebook friend, skip to the next section on how to download a video a friend or family member posted.
If the video is a shared video from a different online service (e.g. YouTube) see our how to download a video from the Internet steps for help with downloading Internet videos.
Download a video a friend or family member posted
Unfortunately, Facebook doesn't give an easy option to download friend and family videos. However, following the steps below allows you to download any uploaded video on Facebook without any software.
- Open Facebook and find and open the video you want to download.
- In the Address bar change the URL "www" to "m" so the URL should start with https://m.facebook.com/.
- Once changed press enter to open the mobile version of the page and follow the steps below depending on your browser.
Internet Explorer browser users
In the mobile version, right-click the video icon and click Save target as. and choose where you want to save the video.
Chrome browser users
In the mobile version, click play and right-click the video and choose the option Save video as. and choose where you want to save the video.
Firefox browser users
In the mobile version, right-click the video icon and click Save Link as. and choose where you want to save the video.
Category: Personal Finance