If we don't have your TFN, your super could suffer. Protect your super savings by giving us your TFN today.
Haven't given your TFN to us?
If you haven’t given us your TFN you:
- may be paying an the highest marginal tax rate on employer super contributions. This includes salary sacrifice contributions
- won’t be able to make after-tax contributions to your HESTA account
- won’t be able to get the government super co-contribution.
The good news is it only takes a few minutes to supply your TFN to us. Simply: supply it now online or send us your TFN by filling in this form.
We care about your privacy. By law, we must safeguard your TFN.
We are authorised to collect your TFN under the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 and will only use it for lawful superannuation purposes. These purposes may change in future due to legislative changes.
The Trustee may disclose your TFN to another superannuation provider when your benefits are being transferred, unless you ask us in writing not to disclose your
TFN to any other superannuation provider.
It is not an offence to choose not to quote your TFN, but giving us your TFN will have the following advantages (which may not otherwise apply):
- we can accept all types of contributions into your HESTA account
- tax on contributions to your superannuation account/s will not increase
- no additional tax will be deducted when you start drawing down your super (other than taxes that may ordinarily apply)
- it will make it easier to trace different super accounts in your name so you receive all your super on retirement.
We can also use your TFN to search for your super accounts
If you’ve ever changed jobs, there’s a chance you have other super accounts.
By providing your TFN and consent for HESTA to search for your super, you:
- can take the paperwork (and leg work) out of tracking your lost super
- ensure your super is where it belongs, in your account.
Best of all, providing consent is simple, you can supply it online right now.