Acrylic nails and gel nails are all a form of staple in manicure fashion and designs. Knowing how to apply fake nails at home, remove and even care for artificial nails is very important. In this article, we’ll guide you on application, removal, tips, care, side effects and even the best kits of acrylic false fingernails. At the end of it all, you will be able to do and remove false nails at home.
Acrylic nails with design prints.
What are Acrylic Nails or Fake Nails?
Also known as fake nails. false nails, enhancements, nail extensions or artificial nails. acrylic nails are a type of covering that is worn on natural fingernails and used as fashion accessories. When worn, acrylics do not replace natural nails but work as extensions of natural nails. There are two types of fake nails: tips (pink and white) and forms (normal).
Tips are lightweight plastic plates in the shape of the tip of fingernails. You wear them by gluing the plastics to the tips of your natural fingernails and then apply acrylic over the entire nail. Fake nail tips come in different designs and colors such as animal prints, flamboyant, blue, metallic colors and any type you can imagine of.
Form acrylic nails are fitted over natural fingernails and then the artificial nail is molded out of the acrylic. The form is then removed and properly shaped and well buffed to make the desired shine.
Types of Acrylic/Fake Nails
There are two types of acrylic nails. These are pink and white acrylic nails, and normal acrylic nails. Pink and white acrylic nails look almost like natural nails. They are translucent pink and have a white tip. They are normally polished with high gloss. Normal acrylic fake nails are finished with a coat of nail polish and use acrylic powder.
How to Apply Acrylic Nails at Home – How to Do Acrylic Nails (Steps)
You have two options on how to apply acrylic nails: going to a professional nail salon, or doing acrylic nails
yourself. The cheap fake nails option is to do it yourself (fake fingernails DIY). If you have prior experience doing different types of nail polishes. then you will not find it a problem working on acrylic nails. In order to do artificial nails, collect the following. These are normally found in acrylic nail kits .
- Artificial nail tips
- Nail oil, powdered acrylic or liquid acrylic
- Non-acetone nail polish remover
- Nail file
- Nail brush
- A nail nipper
- A small acrylic brush and a working dish
- Nail filing block
Steps/Instructions to Apply Acrylic Nails
- Do some manicure first: remove dead skin, smooth out rough edges. If you have another type of nail polish on, use a non-acetone nail polish remover to get rid of it. Roughen the surface of your nail plate and cut all your nails down to the skin level.
- Apply the false nail tips on each of your nails, fitting them with adhesive/glue and reaching from the bottom of the nail to the edge that will fit with your nail.
- After ensuring your fingernails are clipped to the desired length, apply liquid acrylic. (See tips below for precautions.) Paint the beds smooth using the liquid. This will avoid bumps forming where the edge of the false nails will rest on your natural fingernails.
- Apply acrylic powder and liquid until you achieve the normal curve of your fingernails.
- Allow about 10 minutes for the finger-nails to dry and set. Use a grit nail file to shape your nails after the artificial nails dry.
How to Take Off Acrylic Nails – How to Remove Acrylic Nails (Tutorial)
You can take off acrylic nails using various methods. People who have tried at-home acrylic nail removal use different ways such as dental floss, hot water, rubbing alcohol, or even acetone. Each of these is considered a home remedy on how to remove acrylic nails. You can follow the steps listed below to remove false nails easily and safely.