Guide for filing Delhi property tax online
Are you worrying on how to pay your property tax in Delhi before the deadline? Do you find it difficult to pick up forms and do all the manual calculations and fill in the details? Well, here is an easiest way to pay your Delhi property tax before the due date and save yourself off the paperwork, as the Delhi Municipal Corporation (DMC) had initiated the property tax online payment in 2007; it has further developed its services and gained popularity. Now, Delhiites can pay their online tax with just one click .
Most of the Delhiites prefer paying their tax directly rather than paying it online as they are not quite sure about the online tax payment concept. In order to make the Delhi citizens aware of the benefits of paying property tax online, we have concentrated on the key aspects of online property tax payment Delhi in this article .
The property tax in Delhi is levied on all the lands and buildings under the DMC Act, 1957 .The owners and the occupants of the property are liable to pay the property tax. A deadline to pay online tax is given to the tax payers every financial year.
Step by step procedure to pay property tax online
If the user is staying in a particular locality and wants to find the precise location, he/she can click on the following link http://www.mcdonline.gov.in/
Once the user reads the terms and condition, he can click on the desired options with three boxes stating -
- click here to file property tax
- online application for getting property Id for your property and
- application for property id’.
The user should click on the ‘click here to file property tax ’ button. Once the user chooses the right option, he should enter his property id to retrieve the previous tax payment information.
When the first section is completed, the second section will display the property tax amount which has to be paid.
The user has to mark the period for which he has to make the payment and choose the pay online button.
The user has to choose the amount from the payment option and select his preferred
payment mode and submit it.
Once the payment is done, he will receive a confirmation message along with the print option. Therefore the online tax payment is done.
The website also has a tax calculator through which the user can calculate and make the payment.
Paying your property tax for the first time
- If the user is making the tax payment online for the first time, he should click on the below link. http://www.mcdpropertytax.in/intProperty.php
- He will be guided to the page asking for details like the; ownership details, property address details, building details, contact details along with other minor details which the user has to fill in. Once he has filled in all the details he should read the declaration and click on the submit button.
- The complete details of the individual are seen on the page once he clicks on the submit button.
Essentials of tax payment to pay online
- The online property tax payment was launched in order to assign unique property identification code for every property in the capital as per the provisions of the DMC Act.
- The website is managed by the UTI bank and will include bi-lingual languages soon.
- The tax payment is simplified and is user friendly with online and offline help. It takes just two to three minutes.
- The mcd property tax calculation is dynamic and provides calculation details also.
- It monitors and updates the property tax arrears and penalties.
- It helps in dynamic calculation of late fees/interest amount.
- The online property tax rebates will be computed automatically depending on the day of filing of PTR / challan generation.
- Various payment facilities are integrated; credit card, ITZ cash, cash, cheque and DD at authorized CSB centres and other bank counters.
- The service is facilitated with interfaces for computerization of manually filed PTRs.
- It helps in monitoring and maintenance of property tax policies such as property tax rates, unit area values, exemption & rebate criteria, taxable property types, colony master etc.
- It allows the monitoring and maintenance of dishonoured cheques / payments.
- Rich set of MIS reports are provided for the users (tax payers, department officials, collection agencies, 3rd party service providers).