Why go to a restaurant when you can achieve perfectly grilled steaks at home? Follow the simple steps below to make our famous Texas T-Bones with savory mustard butter. Then, try our other sauce variations for more mouth-watering options.
What you’ll need:
- Ingredients for our Texas T-Bones. including the mustard butter mixture to coat each steak
- Gas or charcoal grill
- Small bowl
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Trim fat from steaks to ¼-inch thickness. Rub garlic on beef.
%img src="http://www.bettycrocker.com/%3C/p%3E%0D%0A%3Cp%3E/media/Images/Betty-Crocker/Tips/TipsLibrary/Cooking-Tips/How-to-Make-Grilled-Steak/How-to-Make-a-Grilled-Steak_01.jpg" /%
2. Press peppercorns into beef and let steaks stand for 30 minutes. In small bowl, mix mustard butter ingredients; set aside. Place beef on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. %img
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with mustard butter or add different flavors with one of these other toppings:
Blue Cheese Butter: Mix ½ cup butter, softened, with ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese.
Horseradish-Sour Cream: Mix ½ cup sour cream with ¼ cup creamy horseradish sauce.
Savory Butter: Top each steak with a pat of Savory Butter.
Southwestern Butter: Mix ½ cup butter, softened, with ½ teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon ground cumin and 2 tablespoons salsa.
- Crush peppercorns in resealable food-storage plastic bag using rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling. Cold steaks will contract and become tough.
- To grill other steak cuts. such as tenderloin, top loin steak or rib steak, see our Grilling Timetable.