Our progress of return services allow you to check the status of the income tax return you have lodged.
Our services provide information about the tax returns of individuals only, not of companies, trusts or partnerships.
Conduct a complete search online
Using your secure login you can check on the progress of your recently lodged individual income tax returns as well as view your lodgment history:
- original and amended tax returns lodged for the current year
- original and amended tax returns lodged for prior financial years.
Conduct a quick search online
Using your tax file number, you can conduct a quick search External Link to check on the progress of your original individual tax return lodged for the latest financial year.
Check the progress of return by phone
You can use our self-help phone service for original tax returns lodged for the latest financial year:
- phone 13 28 61 and choose option 2 then option 1
- enter your tax file number.
Alternatively, you can ask one of our customer service representatives to
conduct a search for you.
If you do not speak English well and need help from the ATO, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 .
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, phone the ATO through the National Relay Service (NRS) on the numbers listed below:
- TTY users, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the ATO number you need
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the ATO number you need
Internet relay users. connect to the NRS on relayservice.com.au External Link and ask for the ATO number you need
If you can't find your TFN, or for information about earlier-year individual income tax returns:
- phone 13 28 61 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
- visit one of our shopfronts (phone 13 28 61 to make an appointment).
Companies, trusts or partnerships
Use this tool to find out the status of the individual income tax return you have lodged for the latest financial year (ending 30 June). Last modified: 11 Aug 2015 QC 25430