Get Flexible and Strong Fast for Cheerleading and other Cheerleading Tips!Splits,Jumps,Tumbling Help Needed.
i just made my school's cheerleading team of 7th and 8th grade girls. one of the girls moved so i'm now on the team. they've been practicing all. show more i just made my school's cheerleading team of 7th and 8th grade girls. one of the girls moved so i'm now on the team. they've been practicing all summer and i've only been practicing with them since i made on the team which was in the very beginning of august. so they r all 2 months ahead of me, she said they basically just worked on sideline cheers and jumps that entire time. so all i need to work on is have someone teach me the sideline cheers, and i've been having someone help me with that. my coach says i've been learning fast and i'm really good at stunting. i'm the second base and so far it's been really good. i have a few things that i'm gonna list below in number order, when u answer the question can u be like Flexibility: then write ur answer. Jumps: then write ur answer. or be like the one u answer say what number it is(i will number by questions for u).
1. Learning the Splits: i can't do the splits. i really want to because i need to be really flexible and stuff to do some of the things we do. the splits i want to work on is where ur legs are on each side of u. once i learn that splits i want to be able to do the one where one leg is in front of u and one leg is behind u. any tips on how to get legs flexible enough to be able to go in a splits and other stuff that would help would be nice
2. Flexible: i want to get really flexible and stuff, are there any
good stretches and exercises that would get me really flexible that would be good. also any tips?
3. Getting Strong: any good exercises that would get me strong for stunting, since i am a base i do need to be strong, and sometimes we are holding the flyer up there for a long time and it gets really difficult to hold her because she's starting to feel really heavy because my arms are tired. any tips or anything?
4. Tumbling: i can't tumble at all, not even a cartwheel and i really want to be able to tumble. any tips on how to teach myself how to cartwheel and then how to do a front handspring, i think if i can learn that i can have my friends that can tumble maybe teach me other things with those two because they always say they can't teach anyone anything on tumbling until they are able to do those 2 things. i think i would also need my arms to be really strong since that's what my dad says(who can do a cartwheel so now i really want to be able to do atleast a cartwheel because my DAD can) so any tips on how to get my arms strong enough to be able to do tumbling. any other tips i might need?
5. Jumps: the onyl jumps we do are the 4 main ones, Toe Touch, Pike, Hurdler, and Hurkie. the one i have alot of trouble doing is hurkie, i can't figure out how it's done. but the toe touch pike and hurdler i know how to do them, my legs just aren't high up at all! any stretches and ways that will get my legs stronger so i can jump higher. tips tips tips? please help, i think i really want to work on my jumps!
thank you for helping me if you do write an answer. and please help as much as you can, don't hold back information!